Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming Cassie will be off-line for awhile. Hoping she's okay.

Doesn't someone else's son live in Cali? Do they have power?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I read about it on CBC today. One of the big power companies has cut power in advance of high winds due to the dry conditions and risk of sparking another fire. Same company that caused one of the big fires last year.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Me! Pick me! lol Yes my son lives in San Francisco. He has power but some co-workers don't. Hopefully it's short lived.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I'm assuming Cassie will be off-line for awhile. Hoping she's okay.

Doesn't someone else's son live in Cali? Do they have power?
Hi guys, we keep getting warnings about pending outages... i think it's overkill...they dont want to be sued for damage caused by wires. All the utilities are under ground where I live...but when they flip the switch it will probably affect me too. My grandaughter's school sent out a message that school may be closed for the next 2 days. RIDICULOUS! what do working people do? This affects millions. We have a windy season so its not just a couple of days.
Im charging everything and freezing extra water since I have 2 refrigerators...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me! Pick me! lol Yes my son lives in San Francisco. He has power but some co-workers don't. Hopefully it's short lived.
I knew someone! Glad he has power still!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys, we keep getting warnings about pending outages... i think it's overkill...they dont want to be sued for damage caused by wires. All the utilities are under ground where I live...but when they flip the switch it will probably affect me too. My grandaughter's school sent out a message that school may be closed for the next 2 days. RIDICULOUS! what do working people do? This affects millions. We have a windy season so its not just a couple of days.
Im charging everything and freezing extra water since I have 2 refrigerators...
I wondered about that, because I thought the winds lasted awhile.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I have a friend that lives in Sonora. So far it has only been out 24 hours. She used to live out side Mountain Ranch 'off the grid'. So Joan has a lot of experience with this sort of thing. My brother and wife live East of LA and work for the rich and not famous. I bet they have back up generators! :D

techie

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I was just reading about the fires :(

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of this, has anyone heard from Cassie lately?

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Speaking of this, has anyone heard from Cassie lately?
Hi guys,
Thanks for thinking of me
Im going through an unexpected health crisis that will take months of treatments. Im recouperating from surgery.
I ask for your prayers and positive thoughts.
Love you all

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys,
Im going through an unexpected health crisis that will take months of treatments. Im recouperating from surgery.
Love you all
Sending both your way Cassie. Take good care, check in when you can, but you take of yourself first and foremost.

I was worried about you - I'm sorry to hear there was a reason. Lots of love.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hi guys,
Love you all
Sorry to hear that! I was wondering where you were as well. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope Cassie takes good care of you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts