Our Beagle World Forums banner

Cake

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  rjdmtb 
#1 ·
Has anyone made a doggy birthday cake? I found a few recipes online but no reviews...

Ok I guess I should add..

Am I crazy for wanting to bake Zeus a cake? He will be 1 on the 19th!!!

#3 ·
We have birthday parties for our pets so of course I don't think you are crazy to make a cake.

Next summer we are having a wedding with 2 of our Beagles also as we plan to breed them together in the future. I plan to send out invitations, dress them up, announce their wedding on the free classifieds in our area, etc... Now does that make you feel a little better?

#7 ·
This is the recipe I have used for the best 2 years!

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake

Naturally sweet, colorful and flavorful, this cake is simple and easy to make. Great for Fall.

1 cup flour

1tsp baking soda

1/4 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 cup shredded carrots

1 tsp. vanilla

1/3 cup honey

1 egg

Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

Lucky loves it. And don't worry, you are not crazy! Lucky is a little over 2 years old and I have a party every year. I invite other dogs over and make cake. I also have a cookout for the owners! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I always use organic peanut butter since it is better for them!

#8 ·
Some of our malls here in Tampa have kiosks and/or stores called "Just Dogs Gourmet, Inc.". They are franchises. Last time I stopped by one to get treats for Mags I noticed that they have already made birthday cakes. All of their products are made without preservatives, etc. You can go on-line to their website and do a store search.

#15 ·
Quote:Originally posted by beaglina:
Quote: We just usually buy a treat from the doggy bakery.
doggy bakery? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I know I want to say something... but am literally speechless!
Yep, there's a couple of different ones over here.
I think you can buy online if there isn't one nearby. I'm not sure if they ship worldwide.

Three Dog Bakery https://www.threedog.com/Default.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.