Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked him up today and after going over all his medications and physio therapy treatments the nurse finally brought him out. My little guy was crying and shaking the whole time. After we got him home he took the loooongest pee he's ever had (I don't think he peed there once) then he limped into his bad and laid down. He stopped crying and shaking but did sigh loudly every few minutes. I brought him some food (in his bed!) and he ate it up. The nurse said he didn't eat anything while he was there. I put a new toy in his bed with him and Shane covered him with a blanket and just put his head down. They said that he didn't sleep much last night so he's very tired. His shaved leg looks like a chicken leg. I'll post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Aw, Caesar, you're so brave! Hope the ol leg heals up perfectly!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Caesar.... bless your little heart.

Don't worry, you'll be up, running and driving your mommy crazy in no time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

Gentle belly rubs.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here he is resting in his bed.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, how sweet is Caesar! Poor guy, I'm so glad all went well and he's home, being pampered by his mommy. Hope his road to recovery is fast.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Awwwww...poor guy. Toby and I send lots of belly rubs and get well soon wishes.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I'm so glad he's home. It sounds like he needs some hugs and kisses...then more.

Here are some from Henry and I! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/kiss.gif

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Ceasar! I'm sure he's very happy to be home.

Take it easy on that leg so you can heal up nice and quick Mr. Caesar! Jersey and I send lots of beagle hugs and kisses to you.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
A speedy recovery you poor little baby, he's so cute!!!
Hugs & Belly Rubs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I gave him his last dose of meds and he went to sleep in his bed. I have a bunch of pillows and blankets for me on the floor beside him...watching tv. I took him outside to potty and he did very well on three legs but he seemed to have a problem pooping. He can't squat using his injured knee. We'll take it one day at a time. Thanks for your warm wishes everyone, it means a lot! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Glad you are home Ceasar. I know you and your family will sleep better with you there.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm surprised. No cast, no cone? Caesar must have great self control not to be licking at the stitches. Please be sure he doesn't.

Good to have you back Caesar.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally Posted By: Murphy & Summer's DadI'm surprised. No cast, no cone? Caesar must have great self control not to be licking at the stitches. Please be sure he doesn't.

Good to have you back Caesar.
I was surprised that his knee wasn't wrapped but he does have a cone. He hates wearing it so when I'm in the room with him watching him I take the cone off. If he licks his stitches I move his head and tell him "no".

In this pic you can see the square patch on his back that they shaved for the epideral.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts