Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried now for almost two weeks to get one picture of all four of our pack, but that is proving to be next to impossible and I don't want to delay the announcement of Buzz's arrival any longer... so here he is, the fourth member of our pack - Buzz!

Formerly Jake, we fell in love with him from the pictures posted by his awesome foster mom, Kass's Mom... on the Adoptions, Rescues and Fostering board here. And although we hadn't really intended to adopt number four until sometime next year, we couldn't say no to his beautiful face! He is a real cuddler and seems to have accepted us has his people already - he likes to be tucked right up against either me or Marc pretty much all day and night.

And so far so good with his integration into our pack, too. He is quite shy but not even close to the emotional wreck Popcorn was when she arrived, and we are already seeing great improvement in his confidence even in the just under two weeks he has been with us. He is also getting along well with Booker (except for a bit of an over-the-top interest in her rear end, which she gets tired of every once in a while), Moose, and Popcorn (who wasn't all that impressed when he first arrived, but now happily works with him to gang up on poor Moosie when the three of them are playing - one goes for his head and the other latches onto one of his hind legs).

Thanks so much to Kass's Mom for providing little Buzz with a great foster home and to BeaglePaws for saving the little guy from death row... it is hard to believe that this sweet little thing was a day away from being put to sleep.

Here are various pictures of Buzz with the rest of the pack - one with just Buzz and Moose and one with Booker (on the pillow on the left), Buzz (in the middle) and Moose). So far his safe place has been between the pillows on the bed... but he is becoming more confident and right now is lying at my feet under the computer table.

I also have a picture with Popcorn but for some reason Imageshack decided to stop working before I finished uploading the pictures... so I'll have to add that one later. And I promise to post a picture of all four together as soon as I finally get one!

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
You have such a beautiful pack, and Buzz is a handsome addition! I also fell in love with him when I saw the picture Kass's Mom posted...I'm so glad you were able to take him in and that he's adapting so well! Like yourself, it's hard to believe such a gorgeous animal was so close to being PTS. Thank you for taking him!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thank you so much for taking another beagle. If we were younger we would increase our pack. Why do these wonderful creatures end up on death row?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know what you mean trying to get the whole pack together. It is so had for us too. You have a beautiful pack. Buzz is so adorable. I'm glad he is adapting well with the rest of your crew.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Buzz is adorable. It amazes me that anyone could give that sweet face up. He's one lucky boy now! Looks like he's a great addition to the rest of your pack.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! We're so happy Buzz could become part of our pack! Imageshack seems to be working again so here is the picture of Popcorn (stretching), Buzz (in his favourite spot between the pillows) and Moosie (just hanging out and being shy in front of the camera):

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MILESTONE! This morning when I took Moose and Buzz out for their morning walk (I'm walking them in shifts of two - much more enjoyable for both human and dogs), Buzz WAGGED HIS TAIL OUTSIDE!!! I am so happy that he seems to be dealing with the urban environment and getting used to the 'hood already after only two weeks... what a little trouper!

Now if only we could get Popcorn to wag her tail outside... this morning, in stark contrast to Buzz, she was an absolute basket case on her morning walk with Booker - tail way down and in panic mode the entire time just trying to get back to the safety of home. Poor thing... I wish I could make her fears go away.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Poor little Popcorn! It's so had to imagine what it must feel like for her, I'm so glad Buzz is already getting used to his new home and enjoying his walks.

Thought I had already responded to this thread, but I guess I didn't. Buzz is gorgeous! What a great addition to your pack and bless you for giving him a home. I cannot believe somebody let that little guy go. Oh well, their loss is your gain!

·
Registered
847 Posts
My favorite pictures are the ones where the pack of Beagles are all sleeping. I almost take a deep breath of relief for the few minutes of peace and quiet you encountered at that moment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts