Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the Petstore yesterday to buy Cassie soft chews. Im staying away from anything really hard since Cassie has cracked rear molars. After looking through the packages I selected one that was nice looking in a nice package....
BUT. .. after examing the package all over I couldnt find where it was made. A salesperson asked to help so he asked "google assistant" and it said it was made in a foreign country (said where) that has been known to have tainted products....
wow, Glad I checked. I bought something else clearly made in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
941 Posts
We worry about that too. Some places just don’t have safe supply chains or manufacturing practices. We do our best to buy Canadian and failing that American.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yep im good with Canadian brands too...
I think both countries have fairly similar food safety and production practices. There are some differences - like with milk, you guys allow more antibiotic use I believe (but aren't sure - or growth hormone or something) - but they're not major in my eyes, not like with the country I'm thinking of but not naming (following you in being discreet heh).

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep im good with Canadian brands too...
I think both countries have fairly similar food safety and production practices. There are some differences - like with milk, you guys allow more antibiotic use I believe (but aren't sure - or growth hormone or something) - but they're not major in my eyes, not like with the country I'm thinking of but not naming (following you in being discreet heh).
Right. Im being discreet...the frightening part is that absolutely no country of origin was printed on it...that raised my concern. ...just my medical training kicking in.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's so common now! And stuff is sourced from multiple countries too sometimes so then it's really difficult to know.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cassie is hilarious when I give her the chew. She attacks it, flips it in the air then chases around..then chews it up.

·
Registered
941 Posts
She sounds as goofy as Xerxes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts