Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buster got to come home yesterday afternoon. His TPLO surgery on Thursday went really well but they kept him overnight to monitor his pain meds. I am carrying him in and out to do his business but having to keep a leash on him because he want to go! I got a support harness for him that looks like little blue hot pants to help him but he HATES it. Right now he's sleeping in the playpen in the living room. I am so glad he is home!

·
Registered
865 Posts
So glad to hear the surgery went well!!

Toby and I send quick recovery wishes and lots of belly rubs his way!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am happy for you. Its always better when our babies get home.
Good wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Glad to hear he's home and enjoying some pampering. What kind of surgery did he have? TPLO? What is that short for (sorry if I missed an earlier post....)

Sending get well hugs to Buster.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He partially tore his CCL (ACL in humans)in the back left leg a couple years ago and they warned us at the time that he would probably need surgery on the other side eventually just from the strain put on it by walking wrong to protect the injured side. Here's an article that describes a little bit about it. http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/ccl-injuries.html

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Loved the blue hot pants visual, too. That would be a cute pic!

Hope Buster is fully recovered in no time. Extra belly rubs and beagle licks from me and Duke.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Originally Posted By: beaglechaserHe partially tore his CCL (ACL in humans)in the back left leg a couple years ago ...
Awwww, Buster....you and Caesar should be recuperating together.....both of you having leg surgery this week! Sending more hugs and get well wishes (hope you have the squatting-thing figured out by now). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
So glad that Buster is home. Recovery is tough...on them as well as you!

Hope his confinement goes quickly.

Would love a look at those blue hotpants! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, Buster.... I hope your recovery goes quickly so you can go back to driving daddy Ken nuts!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Sending gentle belly rubs and beagle kisses your way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
So glad Buster is recovering at home! I expect that he is soon to be embarrassed with a hot pants pic ... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif

·
Registered
605 Posts
They do seem embarassed about the support pants. I went through similar 'arguments' with my cockers over the years...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts