Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember that we live on acreage in the woods. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif Dusty has fenced in approximately 10 acres, and has gates at several points so we can get in and out easily.

This morning, he was checking the fence to shore up any parts that may have been damaged by the rushing water yesterday. When he got to one gate, lo and behold, on the other side was Li'l Girl sniffin' and smilin'. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif Upon checking the gate, he found that there was a space that she was able to get through.

Now, there have been times lately when we'd call and call, and get no response. That's kind of unusual because Li'l Girl will usually do her hunting bark when we call so we know she's around. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/classic-smiley-11.gif

We don't know when she might have discovered this escape route, but Dusty figures she's been going out to sniff the other 20+ acres of trees from time to time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif She probably just came back through when she was ready to come to the house. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif

Needless to say, that escape hatch has been eliminated now. There'll be a disappointed beagle when she goes trying for another outing. Guess I can't say she's a bad girl, though, 'cause she came back to where she was supposed to be. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now you know why Li'l Girl hasn't been answering you when you called her! Naughty girl! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pureevil.gif On the bright side, at least she didn't go too far.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Li'l Girl has been out having adventures!! Thank goodness she knows that her home is the place to end up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
How I envy your large 'garden', sounds like a beagles dream. I bet she knows every inch of it and could surprise you as to whats in it!

·
Registered
865 Posts
What a naughty little girl!! LOL!!! At least she would come back. We once lived in an acreage neighborhood and Toby got away from us one afternoon. I called and called for hours.

I found him about 2 o'clock in the morning burrowed in some leaves out in front of our house. He was happy as a clam, covered head to toe in horse poop!

I bet your place is a beagle heaven!!!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Lil' Girl has been having secret adventures! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif Your place sounds like Beagle heaven even without the secret escape route.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glad you got a handle on this situation before anything bad happened! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
230 Posts
Definitely beagle heaven! Hopefully LilGirl won't devote herself to finding new ways out. I think mine would be really excited just to have the 10 acres....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts