Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the girls for a pavement walk today. I don’t do that often as we have so much land here behind the house that it doesn’t seem necessary but I thought for a change it would be nice and it helps to wear down their nails.

As we passed a bus stop a bus was there letting people off. The doors were still open as we walked past and to my horror Sherry walked through them and onto the bus /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif She was on a long lead and I had it in my hand still as she just stood there giving the bus driver her prettiest look. He was laughing as I called her and she totally ignored me. I had to give her a tug on the lead to get her off.

It was kinda funny and the people on the bus found it amusing but it could have been dangerous if the doors had closed. Rosa just stood by my side looking at me as if to say “oh man look what she’s doing now, soooo embarrassing” /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pureevil.gif

She is such a cad and is always doing daft things like that but I think I’ll take a wide birth of buses in future.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Oh goodness! I'm glad the driver didn't just close the doors and try to drive off.

I guess Sherry just wanted to go for a ride!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif That's really funny. But I do understand how scary that would be, I can see Caesar doing the same thing. I agree, stay away from buses in the future.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is really funny!! I know you were probably scared but she was ready for the next adventure!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sweet Sherry, she probably wanted to go for a short ride, enjoy the view and the nice people on the bus /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
193 Posts
Naughty Sherry.
Perhaps she needs a bus pass.

ps I have been on holiday and not caught up. How is she doing now?

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's really funny - uhm...could you let me out at the dog park, please? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif

But you're right, it could've been dangerous....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: vonnyps I have been on holiday and not caught up. How is she doing now?
Well apart from hopping on and off buses she's doing great. Last time she went for a check up at the vets they gave her the all clear for a couple of months.

She has loads of energy, more than me that's for sure so fingers crossed I'll have her for a while yet. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Glad to hear Sherry is doing well! Well enough to try to make a great escape on a city bus, at least.LOL That is funny. I know it must have scared the crud out of you at the time, but I'll bet she gave everyone on that bus something to go home and tell their family about and chuckle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is the cutest story i heard in a long time. I would have loved to have been on the bus when that dear sweetie boarded!

Glad the doors didn't close.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My grandpa's got a JRT/weenie dog named Bandit that LOVES to ride in cars. If anyone comes to their house, complete stranger or not, as soon as the driver's door opens, in he hops. He will actually run right alongside the car until it stops and wait patiently for that door to open!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sounds like Miss Sherry thinks "why walk when you can take the bus"? Henry says that it sounds reasonable!

That little story made my day! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That is a great story! Sherry must have had enough of her walk and was ready for a ride. Silly girl! It's a good thing that the bus driver had a sense of humor.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It must have been an Aroova bus (British bus Co)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts