Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would just like to thank everyone for their thoughts and well wishes for Buddy and I. At this time we are both doing fine. He will be going back to the vet Wednesday for a follow up. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks his energy level has increased.

As for myself I am doing fine. I seem to have made my way through covid. The only lingering effect is that I do have a minor dry cough but otherwise my appetite and energy have returned I’ll probably call my doc Monday just as a follow up

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thanks for checking in! Glad you're doing better!!! And Buddy too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
So the LFB was back in on Wednesday for a follow up. Even though he is getting two full pills daily, one in the a/m and one p/m, his thyroid is still a little on the low side. We're just going to attribute it to Cushings. He does have conflicting results regarding the urinary infection. When they ran it through the machine it showed it still present but when they examined it under a slide it was negative. They said it was diluted so they just don't know. The option is to do a culture, see if it exists, what type of bacteria it is, and then determine the correct antibiotic. More money. I said to go ahead. When I picked him up later that day it was another $300. I would rather spend the money, find the problem if it exists and deal with it rather than gambling on it.

Little Bastard needs to get a job.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Did you get a first thing in the morning urine sample? That shouldn't be so dilute (we had dilute issues with Xerxes a couple of months back).

I agree though, best to find the cause. Hoping it's something simple.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So i received the results of Bud’s test and there is no infection. We’re just going down the road that the increased thirst is simply a result of Cushings. When the doc called I didn’t have an opportunity to talk to her but I’m thinking about giving her a call just to discuss the results and possible options for his treatment. I’m happy with just doing nothing as long as that is a viable option.

Bud says hi and thanks to all of his Beagle cousins for their concerns and well wishes.

Especially you Cassie. 😘

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm glad to hear no infection!!!! I'll be interested to hear what the vet suggests.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Oooh thank you for a special shout out.. sounds like he's doing good.
Did you get the heavy rain? We got some and more coming soon... trying to revive our lawn, especially in Cassie's area.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts