Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy went to the vet this morning. Nothing serious he just went in for dental cleaning. He has a fair amount of build up so they’re going to sedate him and polish him up. They said he might need to have an extraction or two. While he’s there they’ll also check his blood and give him a chest X-ray to check his heart murmur.

He’s the most fearless critter on this planet until we walk into the vets office.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Cassie here..im going to go for my dental cleaning in about a month too.. i dont like going to the vet either.. kisses Bud..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An update on Bud.
He went in for a dental cleaning. They did took x-rays and they did have to extract a couple of his teeth. But now he is back to having a nice white smile. They also suggested an extensive blood test and additional x-rays for his heart. His thyroid levels were way low so he now has meds for that. As to his heart it did show just a slight amount of enlargement since last summer. So over all he is doing fine. The best news is the paperwork shows him about a pound and a half lighter than earlier this year. I don't know it it's from more activity or other issues.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I am so glad he did okay with his procedure! Good job on the weight loss too!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Weight loss with a low thyroid is impressive - I bet he does even better with that sorted. Glad he's well.

Reactions: allymcbeagle

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since he had some extractions he had a follow up yesterday. Every thing is fine and he is back to eating his regular kibble. I did have him on canned for a week and I will never understand why he insists on trying to eat an entire can at once. Oh well. We're back to normal for now. Next he has another appointment in a few weeks to check his thyroid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since he had some extractions he had a follow up yesterday. Every thing is fine and he is back to eating his regular kibble. I did have him on canned for a week and I will never understand why he insists on trying to eat an entire can at once. Oh well. We're back to normal for now. Next he has another appointment in a few weeks to check his thyroid.
Entire can at once - ;-) he’s a beagle! I had to feed mine smaller orations 2x a day or even 3x when she developed Cushings as she had some liver and gall bladder issues too so we wanted to avoid any expansion of the stomach pressing on other organs. Some beagles have landed in ER from consuming too much at one time. Too much grain/starch in food plus fast eating can cause bloat.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.
So the Budster was back to the vet today for a follow up. His thyroid levels are up but should be higher. So we go from one pill a day to one in the am and a half in the pm. He is doing fine. He has also lost more weight. His paperwork showed him at 29.2 earlier this year and at 26.2 this morning. So his metabolism seams to be better? So still eating the same, or a little more, but burning it up. His activity is still the same though. Had a good discussion with his doctor and agreed that getting his thyroid up to normal and the weight loss will be good for his heart and his joints. He always has been a bit husky. Always been a lazy spud and prefers to just sleep and lay around vs being active. Kind of like me.

He’s gotta get in shape cause a lot of younger Beag’s are after his gal Cassie. 😁

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Wow! 3lb loss - good job Buddy!!!!!!!

Xerxes says he is worried about Cassie preferring Buddy, what with his cars and all - and his good looks...

Reactions: Cassie

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Cassie here... the Bud lost weight? That means there's more room for me in his bed...or mine :love:. Glad he's doing great.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Cassie here... the Bud lost weight? That means there's more room for me in his bed...or mine :love:. Glad he's doing great.
Cassie, control yourself. Play hard to get, girl!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts