Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Buddy had a Vet visit this morning. It wasn't for anything serious just an update on his vaccinations. There was, however, one issue they discovered. He has developed a heart murmur. So now I need to schedule another appointment so they can x-ray him and check out his heart.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
I hope everything will be okay. Molly has had a murmur for probably 7-8 years (she's 14). It's never really affected her at all.

·
Registered
918 Posts
It may be a benign murmur - Luc had one like that that he developed. We monitored it but he was okay. He had a ECG or EKG (can never remember) and they confirmed it was fine to just monitor it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He checked out fine otherwise. He hasn't shown any breathing problems and she said his lungs were fine. They want to take an x-ray to see if his heart is enlarged and go from there. She did say it wasn't unusual to see this as they age.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Cassie here.... do you think it's cuz his heart is beating so much for me? Kisses Buddy :love:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buddy went back to the Vet for a follow up. I dropped him off this morning so they could check him out further. They asked if they could sedate him if needed. Sure. Blood work checked? Why not. And , of course, radiographs. When they called me later the news was good. He does have a murmur and she said that his heart does show some minor enlargement but that it's not anything to worry about.at this time. They did prescribe some medication for him, Enalapril. One tablet daily. She also rechecked his lungs and said they were fine.

When I picked him up I asked how he did and if they had to sedate him. She said nope. they put him on the table and he just laid there. Everyone at the clinic just adore him.

And yes Cassie. I do believe it is because of you.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Cassie here...he probably was thinking about me while being checked..my sweetie 😍
Cassie's mom here...
Attached a link to information on the drug in case you dont have it. Good to read through for any potential side effects to watch out for.
Glad Buddy's doing well. Cassie kept asking me...lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
He checked out fine otherwise. He hasn't shown any breathing problems and she said his lungs were fine. They want to take an x-ray to see if his heart is enlarged and go from there. She did say it wasn't unusual to see this as they age.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So Buddy had a Vet visit this morning. It wasn't for anything serious just an update on his vaccinations. There was, however, one issue they discovered. He has developed a heart murmur. So now I need to schedule another appointment so they can x-ray him and check out his heart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts