Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
One time Vazzle got her face stuck on the tank for the gas grill! It was scary at the time but funny once we knew she was okay. She was licking grease that dripped on it and got her snout stuck in the handle.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
One time Vazzle got her face stuck on the tank for the gas grill! It was scary at the time but funny once we knew she was okay. She was licking grease that dripped on it and got her snout stuck in the handle.
Neb's done something similar!

Not to mention the time we were packing up from a camping trip. We were camping in a big park surrounded by huge wilderness. We let Neb off-tie out, turn around. Where's he gone? Try not to freak out. I went one way shaking the bag of food, Toby the other way. Toby found him at the next (empty) campsite licking the fire grill. He looked up when Toby called his name, wagged his tail, and went back to licking. I could've killed him but I was just so relieved he was okay.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
That is hilarious! It's amazing that he sniffed out that grill grease! Beagles!!!!!!!!
Oh! That's an update I haven't made. Did a fairly basic DNA test for the boys - DNA My Dog, which gives % ranges rather than Embark which gives exact %.

Neb has 0 Beagle. He's mostly Parson Russell Terrier with some Lab, Husky, and American Eskimo Dog.

Xerxes, interestingly, is 61-99% Beagle with 10-25% Border Collie (they're pre-set ranges, hence why it doesn't add exactly). I was not shocked to discover he has something else in there, but Border Collie was not what I expected.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Interesting mixes.
Well yesterday my husband was ready to eat a corn beef and pastrami sandwich..he got up from sitting at the coffee table to get coffee...
Oooohhhh noooooo.... caught Cassie munching the sandwich...hubby was not happy...LOL
Lesson learned..dont leave a sandwich in easy reach of a beagle....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh my goodness! Such a beagle response. I cannot walk 2 feet without Henry running into some kind of smell. I definitely empathize with you. Just be patient.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Not to mention the time we were packing up from a camping trip. We were camping in a big park surrounded by huge wilderness. We let Neb off-tie out, turn around. Where's he gone? Try not to freak out. I went one way shaking the bag of food, Toby the other way. Toby found him at the next (empty) campsite licking the fire grill. He looked up when Toby called his name, wagged his tail, and went back to licking. I could've killed him but I was just so relieved he was okay.
Beagles are so unpredictable and so much fun! My most anxious moment came when Buck was a puppy and got off leash and was running through traffic. Congratulations on having a Beagle . . .
You are either very intelligent or very lucky.

·
Registered
65 Posts

The one and only time Ally got out of my sight, she must have lost the squirrel trail because i did the same with the milkbone box and zoom, there she was. Turned out she was just in the upper part of our backyard behind a tree and I couldn’t see her through the bushes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts