Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy is 3 years old, we adopted him from a shelter in April..he was in bad shape, full of ticks and worms. Poor baby lived outdoors with 60 large dogs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif His owner turned him in the shelter because her husband was beating him. He said he went to the bathroom in the house. Guess what, Buddy has never gone to the bathroom in our house! When we first brought him home, he was shy and stayed in his bed all day. He is now very clean, happy and spoiled. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! And thank you for adopting a beagle. I'm sure he loves his new home. When can we see a picture of Buddy???

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A big welcome and arooooo from Chloe and me.
Your post has brought tears to my eyes.... beating him?
Thanks for adopting him.... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome aboard Buddy!

I know there is a huge BW membership in FL so you will be in good company. I am so glad that Buddy found a forever home and is happily settled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, as soon as I figure out how to send a photo, I will post one so you can see my adorable baby.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW!! You get the savior award for rescuing Buddy -- he must have been so thrilled to be in a safe home that he forgot to pee! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif My Maggie is also a rescue and we are part of the "huge" Florida contingent that Kathleen referred to. Which coast are you on? If on the west coast, you need to plan on heading up to the Tampa Bay area in November as we are going to have a BW get-together when our site host, Joe, is here with his pups.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: welcome to beagle world. My rescue beagle sends a big welcome arrroooo to Buddy. It is a wonder how quickly an abused dog sheds that baggage when provided a happy home tolive in. I'm sure Buddy will reward you with years of love as his way of saying thanks. Bagel (my beagle) and I look forward to hearing how Buddy is being spoiled, we're both sure he deserve every bit of it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
Welcome to BW!! You get the savior award for rescuing Buddy -- he must have been so thrilled to be in a safe home that he forgot to pee! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif My Maggie is also a rescue and we are part of the "huge" Florida contingent that Kathleen referred to. Which coast are you on? If on the west coast, you need to plan on heading up to the Tampa Bay area in November as we are going to have a BW get-together when our site host, Joe, is here with his pups.
We are down here is South Florida in Weston...Broward County. Buddy came from a shelter in Miami.

Yes, Buddy is wonderful, he has taken over the couch...and gets mad if we try to share it with him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
Crazy people - how can you beat up such an adorable thing... :angryfire:
Can you believe it? He is so cute :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome! You have become a member of a site with the most dedicated beag owners I know of...& I have known some of them for 7 years! :thumbup: Goober is my eldest, & he will be 15 & a half yrs old next month! (He is the first one that we have had to know his "actual birthday"), but Rufus & Nibbler were adopted "close" to their first birthday. Homer-the-Huge looked like a beag-mix pup when I adopted him @ about 8-9 weeks old...but he is more like a walker hound/greyhound mix as he is about 3X bigger than a beagle would be! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif (Actually, thanks to being "raised by a purebred beag") He is much like a giant version of my first dog, (a beag/fox-terrier) mix breed named Snapper! He was game for ANY activity as long as he was @ my side! But Homer turned out to be a total "wuss" without Goober @ his side in the field! :rolleyes: But Homer is a great guard dog when it comes to protecting our home!(And Goober)! :thumbup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow Buddys Mom- you sound like a 'top dog" to me! anyone who rescues from a shelter is good people, and when you find out what kind of life they had like that-well it just makes it more worth it and more understandable to love on those pups.
I am soo glad Buddy has warmed up to you and cleaned up, I bet he is so happy he doesnt know what to do with himself!
loved the pic too-I agree-how could anyone be mean to a beautiful beag like that?
|Well, welcome to BW, make yourself at home here-jump in on any questions or conversations, we don't mind-if you have an opinion or just a thought on anything, we all appreciate it.
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes to all of you. I look forward to chatting with you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome and thank you for taking Buddy in! I only wonder about the other 59 dogs with that psycho, hopefully they will find such wonderful people to take them in too. Buddy is such a cutie! This truly is the most informative and welcoming place for beagle lovers around.

My cousins all live in Miami and have been begging me to move there soon, maybe when my lease is up I'll pack up everything and start fresh. At least I know Fin will have play dates!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts