Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I have ever posted these here before. Pictures of Buddy with my Dad, his Grandpa.

Growing up we never had a dog. Eventhough both Mom and Dad grew up on farms in North Dakota she never wanted dogs or cats. So on the night I first got Buddy and stopped by their house Dad's face lit up and the two of them became the best of friends, inseparable. Whenever I would take him to their house he would run through it looking for Dad. Dad had Parkinson's and as time went on it continued its progression. But there was Bud. Always laying by his side, with Dad's hand resting on him. Buddy would spend several days a week at their house. I guess it was a way to cheer up Mom and it was a comfort to Dad but one morning She called a said not to bring him. Dad had passed away earlier that morning. It was several days later that I brought him there and there he was running through the house looking for His pal. He checked all of the rooms then came in and sat down in front of us. Mom simply said "He's no longer here". Definitely a sad moment.

Anyways, enjoy the pictures.

Dog Comfort Carnivore Wood Flooring

Dog Shoe Leg Plant Carnivore
Automotive tire Hood Gas Elbow Flooring

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Awwww, that's such a sweet story. Beagles have such big hearts. I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandpa.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
What a good boy and friend Buddy is. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Beautiful story and lovely photos. Sorry about the loss of your Dad. Our pets bring so much to us, I am not surprised to hear he was comforting. Beagles can make great therapy dogs. They're happy face is not threatening to children or the elderly or others with medical conditions. It's sad that your Mom isn't a dog person because they can be quite comforting with a loss, too. When I lost Ally at 17 yrs old, her buddy Archie, who is a Yorkie, sat on my lap all afternoon. He never does this with me, he's attached to the men in my family but he knew my heart was aching. I know it's not the same as loosing a parent but just to demonstrate how they "know" when we are experiencing emotional loss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts