Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
It's January 10th.....and only rain and mud in Indiana! Never thought I'd be jealous of somebody else's snow.....but I'm REALLY tired of wiping so many muddy feet after potty-breaks. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I feel your agony. The temperature suddenly "plunged" into the upper 40's here :lol2: Then it "unplunged" back into the 70's.
Florida is fabulous in the winter. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Love the frozen whiskers!
In Bavaria we are having the strangest winter. This time last year we were into our third month of heavy snow. This winter is so far mild, temps above 10 degrees plus. However, it doesnt seem to agree wih the body, both Dave and I have a strange flu.
I dont like snow though.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Lyle is certainly handsome. Love his coloring. He is cute with his icy beard.

Yup, Florida is nicer than the north in the winter. We have had an unually warm winter so far though. 70's all last weekend. This morning it is 45 degrees here in Destin and we have the heat on. We have a damp cold here, which makes it feel colder.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm in Ct and this past Saturday it was 70... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I actually saw people out in shorts. We had a few flurries yesterday, but nothing to brag about. Jasmine and Maggie still haven't experienced snow? I can't wait to see what they will do?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I second Deb's comment - enough with the muddy feet!! Now I have 8 of them and it's quite the feat (hee) to catch them before they run all over the house!

Looks like our mild spell will end tomorrow and back down to highs of 0F by mid week next week. Although the mud is a pain, I have enjoyed the warmer dog walks and bare pavement!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lyle is indeed a very handsome fellow. Love the ice on his wiskers.

We don't get much of a winter here in the deep south coastal area of Texas but are expecting some chilling weather over the weekend. Bailey doesn't like to go out much when it's too cold and certainly not when cold and rainy.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by pfr:
Jasmine and Maggie still haven't experienced snow? I can't wait to see what they will do?
Pfr, did you have snow yesterday? I work in Vernon in the mornings, and we had quite a little squall that covered the ground. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Shiloh loves running around and burying her nose in the snow--I bet Jasmine and Maggie wil love it too. I've been happy not to have any so far,(the weather last Saturday was amazing!) but I'm afraid our luck will run out next week!! (I told those weathermen to stop complaining! :nono5: )

·
Registered
786 Posts
Genie, We had just a little bit of spitting snow. It hasn't even covered the ground yet. Its probably because I'm closer to Long Island sound and your up in the Hills...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Up here in Vancouver (where we are supposed to be golfing all winter) we've also got snow and freezing temperatures... If this is all the result of global warming then I think it is more like global "colding" as far as we are concerned here! And could someone please stop the crazy windstorms we keep getting every few days?!

But the hounds sure do love the snow - Booker in particular becomes a puppy again... ordinarily she just sits and watches the action when we are the dog park, but put a bit of snow on the ground and she will race from one end of the park to the other as if she is 10 months old rather than 10 years. It is wonderful to see!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's been so terrible here...I actually had to wear a sweatshirt yesterday. :cool2: I love Florida winters. I'm taking a week of vacation at the end of the month. I hope it's still this nice then!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel and I are expecting snow tonight, second time this year /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif That is two times more than we usually get in the valley, even though there is good snow skiing 30 minutes away. Really wierd weather!

·
Registered
794 Posts
we will take some of that snow, thank you very much! I have a very expensive John Deere snowblower sitting in my garage...my hubby would love to use it!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

though the continued housebreaking with Polly will be a challenge...still, some snow would be nice.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We are covered in snow here, but Caesar is an excellant digger. I didn't even think to check for muddy paws when I let him in the other night. His paws were covered in mud and my carpet had muddy footprints everywhere!! We tried to catch him but he thought it was a fun game. (Mom & Dad are chasing me!!!) So now we're on mud patrol too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts