Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer went in for a follow-up on her allergies. Her paws are still swollen so its back on the EVIL Pred. They also spotted a broken tooth, just behind her canines. So this morning, she is having root canal. How much you ask?

(Are you sitting down?)

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">$1,100</span></span></span>

So both my pups are in the hospital today.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I
for you... I don't have had this sum of money to spend on a tooth fix for me, let alone Chloe.

I thought you have health insurance for the dogs....

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hi, I am trying to catch up with posts, having been busy with a visit by my sister (first tme in 15 years).
Kali is beautiful, I have just looked at the photos on your earlier post. She is a very lucky beagle to have found you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Summer is home, with her tongue hanging out and left eye half closed, due to the local anesthetic. She is still a little wobbly and will be on soft food for a while.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woah! Poor Joe and Frani! I feel the same way you do though...do what is the best for the furbabies and then make do for ourselves. Thank God for credit cards! I'll take Jersey to the doctor at the slightest sign of distress but won't take myself. Give the girls some extra belly rubs from me. I hope they're both feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: judymaggieGentle hugs to both the girls! Our pups look drunk after anesthesia, don't they?
Awww, so sorry to hear about both Summer and Kali's day at the vet... hope they are both feeling better soon (although your wallet may take a bit longer to recover). And I do have to agree with judymaggie... last time Booker had surgery we walked her home a few blocks from the vet and she was basically okay while actually walking, but if we stopped for any length of time she would start to sway from side to side like she was going to tip over - I felt bad for her but I also had to giggle a bit as it did look quite funny! Luckily the side effects seem to wear off pretty quickly for our guys - hope yours are the same.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Yikes, that's a chunk out of the ol' pocketbook! Will Summer need to have a crown placed over the root canal to keep the tooth from breaking?

Puppy kisses and get well wishes from Maggie and I! Hope both Summer and Kali are back up and running soon!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Li'l Maggie,
No, there is no cap. The root is pulled, rough edges cleaned, and the hole filled.

I was wrong. It was her canine tooth. So now she has one shorter than the other

·
Registered
185 Posts
Luigi has a pair of baby teeth that never came out. We're poor. If it costs that much...I love my dog, but we're going day by day here as is...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Monty has a broken tooth. He's scheduled to have it pulled in a few days or so. I think the estimate was around $200.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ouch! That hurts. Hope Summer's tooth feels better soon and that Kali continues to recover.

I have had company lately and haven't been around, but I did go searching for pics of Kali and she is beautiful! So glad she's settling in so well (smart girl knows a good thing when she finds it!).

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Originally Posted By: Joe BeaglesWhat insurance?

If you mean, Mom & Dad's Credit Card insurance. Then yes it is.
Oh Joe, you have the same kind of pet insurance I do!!! Ouch!! For Summer and for your credit card!! I hope she recovers quickly from her root canal and both your babes are feeling better soon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts