Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the thread about Chloe burying her treats got me thinking of some of the odd traits that Beasley has.

Everytime I come to get her out of the crate to go outside for potty, she always insists on grabbing one of her toys and bringing it to the door with her. Usually she has a few toys with her in the crate, and once I open the door, she will walk out, turn around, and grab something to take with her.

But the weird thing is that she doesn't take it outside with her. She drops it by the door, then when she comes back in, she grabs the toy and runs back into the living room.

They really do some weird stuff....

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
my Madison (non-beagle) does this all the time. As soon as I open the door there she is with a stuffed toy in her mouth. She takes it all the way to the yard for potty and then back in .....

oddly enough when she has a toy in her mouth she doesn't jump up on me when I get home .....I wonder if there is a correlation ????? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
How sweet!Our last beagle, Spotty, used to take her 'rat' with her, when we went out in the car. This was usually due to a false pregnancy but had people in fits of laughter.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Our honorary beagle, Spook, has a little pillow in his crate, and every morning when we let him out he runs back in and brings the pillow out. He takes it to the door and drops it when he goes out. We think it's an endearing trait. :angel:

·
Registered
807 Posts
We just got a new neighbor with a boxer puppy. There is a fence between our yards. Toby has been taking his tigger out to the fence, putting it down and patiently watching with a look that says - come on, can't we play!! Now.....if we let Buster in the yard I am sure Toby would grab tigger and run!! Julie

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie has to have a bone or a toy in her mouth when someone comes to the door. She runs frantically around looking for something so she can getit in her mouth and get to the front door before it opens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bailey does this too - often when we go for walks he will grab a toy as we are on the way out and leave it just inside the gate ready for when he gets back. Sometimes he does not want to leave it and brings it along on the walk, he will put it down to sniff something interesting and then picks it up again - although I usually end up carrying it half way through because he has forgotten it!

He also grabs a toy to bring to us whenever we come home, or when we get up in the morning, its very sweet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Toby doesn't do this, but to me it sounds like they just want to make sure that when they get back, they know where their toy is, and that no one has messed with it or put it somewhere. :angel:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar and Emma have inside toys and outside toys. Sometimes Caesar will grab one of his inside toys and try to take it out with him. He gets upset when I don't let him take it outside. But he rarely ever wants to bring the outside toys in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Brie completely empties out her crate each time we let her out. She also takes her favorite toy to the door before going out and then she picks it up when she comes back in. If only there was a way to get inside their minds, what fun that would be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Lora&Tippi and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

1 - 10 of 10 Posts