Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :wave:

Well, we are finally able to take Brie to the local Dog Park and she loves it! We go on the small dog side and so far she is the only puppy, so she is really giving all the small adult dogs a run for their money. When we let her off leash she just ran over to the group and joined in. The next thing we knew she was chasing and being chased. All the humans "ooh and ahh", but she is still skittish about people,(except for humans bearing treats!). On Sunday, when we went, there was a group of Dachunds and Brie ran right over to play. This man yelled over to me that this was the local dachsund meet. I said,"Oh, how nice". He then told me that I needed to look up the website for the local Beagle meet, because THIS was the local Dachsund meet. I got the feeling that he didn't approve of Brie making friends with the local dachsunds, so I called her to come to me, and bless her heart, she immediately came running and we went over to the other side of the park, much to the amazement of the local Dachsund owners /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Someone needs to advise him that they were in a public park, because he basically said the same thing to anyone whose dog tried to play with the dachsunds. Eventually, one couple with two gorgeous long haired dachsunds left the group and joined the rest of us on the other side of the park. Needless to say the local dachsund meet broke up early.
We hit a milestone in that Brie now goes to the door when she has to go out. She is such a good girl! We won't mention the chewing, the sock stealing, and the bursts of energy that result in her running the 100 yard dash every evening at 6pm, around the living room, hall and kitchen. I'll save those stories for a future post!!

Lora&Tippi, and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sounds like Brie is fitting into your family really well - that is so good to hear!

And I am disappointed at the attitude of that weiner dog meetup person... we have beagle meetups at local dog parks and anyone is welcome -I just can't imagine getting annoyed because another breed was in the vicinity (it is surprising enough when another dog even wants to come in and contend with 30+ howling beagles!).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so happy to hear that Brie is doing so well. I have info on the Orlando Beagle meetups if you're interested. I know they meet at a park in Sanford and they do one in Avalon Park. I'll PM you all the details. Oh, and if you ever meet a Gidget and Moondoggie at one of the meetups, give them a big hug and kiss from me and Jersey. Gidget is one of Jersey's littermates and Moon is her "stepbrother".

·
Registered
794 Posts
oh come on, Doxies and Beagles are all hounds!!! It's not like Brie is a poodle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
just kidding--dog lovers are dog lovers, right?!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
your baby sounds like she is learning her manners very well!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
We have no beagle meets here, either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . I still haven't ever been to a dog park, but were planning to soon join the Willow Springs dog park in Johnson City, TN. :woohoo:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
I wish we had a beagle meeting here in NY. There are several beagles in the neighborhood, but the "meetings" are between Chloe and Abby (her best friend).... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Eleanor, I don't know how convenient this is for you but there is a NYC Beagle group on the Beagle Meetup Board (the website is beagles.meetup.com - no www at the beginning).

When?
Sunday, Oct 21, 2007, 3:00 PM
Where?
Theodore Roosevelt Park
Central Park West and 81st Street
, NY 10024

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
Eleanor, I don't know how convenient this is for you but there is a NYC Beagle group on the Beagle Meetup Board (the website is beagles.meetup.com - no www at the beginning).[/QB]
No matter where you are, make sure you check out meetup.com to see if there is a beagle meetup in your area - or start one if there isn't one started already! Our Vancouver area local one is wonderful. I'm not sure if meetup.com covers outside the US and Canada... although I'm not sure why it would be limited as people basically create their own meetups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts