Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad that everyone enjoyed the pics of Brie. She just turned 5 months and is becoming more independent each day. I am glad that she is losing some of the fearfulness of the past weeks, however, she is becoming a bit too dominant at the dog park and although we are quick to correct her, we don't think our corrections are getting through to her. One thing that we have noticed is that she hates to have her tummy rubbed. She flails around trying to right herself and nips everytime we do it. She has never voluntarily rolled on her back for us and we were wondering if anyone else has seen this in their beagle. I think that because she was separated from her mom so soon after birth that this might have alot to do with it. Also, she is about 2 weeks away from getting spayed and wondered if that might correct it. We have been very diligent in letting her know that we are the "pack leaders",not her and in most things she behaves, we would just like to know if there is anymore that we could do. Hope to hear lots of advice on this.

Lora&Tippi...and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:computer: Thanks for all the great advice. Have already gone on the two websites and started to read. The funny thing with Brie is that she shadows me everywhere and each morning she lays next to me on the couch while I have my coffee. She loves to be petted and I rub her legs and paws and her ears and she makes the funniest sounds as she snuggles up close. This evening I gently rolled her on her back and she let me rub her tummy for a few seconds. When she had,had enough she rolled on her side and wiggled up next to me, so I guess I really have to be a bit more patient with her. One would think I had never had a puppy before /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lora&Tippi...and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.