Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just finished catching up on the latest posts here at BW. Brie went in to be spayed the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and came through it like a trooper. The hardest thing was keeping her quiet this past week, and no dog park until the end of next week. For right now we go to the walking park near our home, but she's not crazy about it.

Anyway this past week, when she steals Ron's socks she finds a corner and uses her nose to stuff the sock as far into the corner as possible, then she stands back and drags her nose across the carpet as though she is covering it up.
It's hysterical to watch. We just act like we don't see it, since she guards it until we move past the corner, then later on when we pass by it's gone! It nearly drove me crazy wondering where all these socks could be, until I moved the pillows on the couch and found 4 or 5 of them stuffed behind the cushions. I wonder if Disney is casting for any unusual dog acts /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lora&Tippi...and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
324 Posts
My Shiloh did that a lot when he was a puppy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nothing unusual there. 5-year-old Josie does it usually with leftover pieces of her rawhides. And I think I read recently that someone said that their beag's nose became raw from all the 'carpet' burying...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our first beagle, Bilbo, was a sock thief. We had to warn all our visitors not to leave any lying around. However, they usually went home with a number of odd socks.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Ha ha

I have three sock thieves :greendevil: , when I load the washer, they all follow me to see if I drop any socks and do zoomies with them.

Mind you Caleb has more of a preference for my pants (sorry knickers to people in the States, pants being trousers)) and runs off with them.

We call him the stalker as he likes womens underwear.

Hope your baaby has recovered from her spay now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by madison069:
we call them pants, knickers is not a common word here.

or jeans since most of the pants are made of jeans material.
I think she meant underwear.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Yes I meant underwear!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts