Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Bridey beagle on a 4-day camping/writing retreat this last weekend, up in the mountains by Cloudcroft, NM. Other than nearly freezing to death during the worst hailstorm I've ever seen, we had a great time up in the woods.

So if you've ever wondered, do beagles poop in the woods?

The answer is: they do not. They wait until you take them back to the hotel, where they poop on the front lawn of the house next door, just like any other civilized creature!

·
Registered
865 Posts

Yikes on the hail storm! Glad you two had a good time, though!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

That's Rosas' trick too. She likes to poop only in posh places.

I can walk her for miles through woods and fields then she will poop right outside someones house close to home.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hahahaha!!!

Arty is not posh at all - he only likes to poop out in the middle of the lawn, or in the middle of anything, as long as its in the wide open and everyone can see him doing it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know why, but despite my best efforts, she would. not. go. Until I found her a nice front yard. Geez!

Of course, living in Albuquerque between dog shows might have something to do with it. There aren't a lot of woods around Albuquerque...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours go for walks in the woods and go to the toilet in the garden when they get back! The woods are far too exciting to soil

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine aren't so particular - in the woods, along the path, in the middle of the road, in the yard, in someone elses yard...

Luna is particular about the exact spot in which she goes, once she chooses a spot - has to be lined up just so - involves turning around and around and several false starts - and if she gets interrupted - forget it....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I actually thought of this thread yesterday afternoon ... we were having our typical summer afternoon thunderstorms, i.e., heavy rain, wind, thunder and lots of lightening. I got home from work and then took Maggie out to pee/poop so one hand holding large golf-style umbrella (thankfully with a wooden handle in an attempt to ground me ...), other hand holding leash and plastic bags to pick up poop. Maggie literally dragged me across the street where she proceeded to have diarrhea not just in one neighbor's yard but in three yards!
and more
! If you have ever tried to pick up diarrhea from a grassy area, you can picture me being unsuccessful and getting very wet from the downpour. My only saving grace was the hope that the rain would continue long enough to wash away the poop from my neighbors' yards before they walked on them!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Aw, the beags are such punks! Pooping in other people's yards; I love it. I have to admit that Henry does something similar. He rarely poops in his own yard. We walk several times a day, and I take him almost everywhere with me, not to mention parks, woods, etc, so he's an away-from-home pooper! His favorite places are empty lots or open fields, so everyone can see him do it and see me clean it up, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.