Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried putting those booties on their beagles? Monty's feet get so cold and he's always holding them up when he's outside. He wants to go for walks so bad, but after half a block he turns for home with his paws up.

I don't want to spent the money on them if he won't wear them. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Should have read your post before I posted Paws in the Snow. I am having a similar issue. My one beagle has always loved the snow but for the past two days has been almost limping and I did have to pick him up yesterday and carry him back to the house, he refused to walk in the snow!

I don't know if the booties are worth it! If you try them, let me know!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
We've tried Muttlucks, but only to keep Moosie from obsessively licking one of his paws raw. They did seem to be well made and actually stayed on his paw (which no other thing we tried did). And they are Canadian (I think the inventor had a basset hound in Ottawa that didn't like the snowy, icy and salty weather).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We used to put booties on Murphy's back paws to prevent scraping and dragging injuries due to his paralysis.

Muttlucks were OK. They were padded and insulated, traction bottom, soft tops, velcro around the ankle. These were not good for his condition but should work for normal dogs.

Paw-tectors worked best. Rubber outer shell all around with a flocked liner, velcro around the ankle, very tough and water proof.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm goingto go pick up a pair today. I'll be sure to take a video of Monty wearing them for the first time, cuz i'm sure it'll be hilarious!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts