Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is Booker's 10th birthday today - and we have never got a cake for her before but we figured that her 10th warranted something extra-special so we are getting one for her!

Unfortunately she has to go to the vet on her birthday, but it is just her 2-week checkup after the removal of her belly lumps and anal glands so hopefully it won't be too bad - she seems to be healing well as far as I can tell. But any vet visit is traumatic for her so I hope it will be okay.

And happy birthday to Charlie too - I believe he is 1 today!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Happy Birthday Booker! :bounce:

I'm taking Marlin(retriever) in tomorrow to get an estimate of removing the lump on his eye which has been bothering him for a while and is getting bigger.

Charlie mom

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Happy birthday Booker! That is a fantastic photos, so clear and what a beautiful girl.

·
Registered
540 Posts
:bounce: :bounce2:

Happy Birthday, Booker! Enjoy your cake!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Happy 10th Birthday Booker !!!!! :happyhappy:

You are very close in age to Sammy. She will be 10 on February 2nd.

Hope you enjoyed your extra loving and birthday cake !!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Booker thanks you all for the birthday wishes and kind comments about how good she looks for her age! (And as for the picture - the quality is wholly a function of the camera, not the photographer!)

Your kind comments about Booker's looks are in stark contrast to the comments she gets from strangers ALL THE TIME. Do any of you with "portly" beagles get the same thing? I would say on average at least once a week complete strangers think nothing about coming up to Booker and making snide comments like "well she obviously likes to eat", "that one should go on a diet" or even the blistering "she's fat" - it really is the norm rather than the exception. And Booker really isn't even all that fat - she has an unfortunate body shape (barrel body, little legs - another thing she and I have in common!) and I admit she isn't at her fighting weight just now (although she gets the same comments even when she is down to 30 pounds - her realistic best weight), but overall she is really quite toned because she walks a lot, and I have certainly seen many bigger, doughy-looking beagles. I shudder to think of the comments they must get...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow, Booker looks lovely and fit to me and not at all portly! My Bagel (Somewhere between 11 and 13 Years old) had a lot more grey on his face three years ago. Booker, you don't look your age! Bagel appears more of a hunting beagle (longer nose and body, 26.5 pound at 14.75 to the whithers) and while most strangers say about Bagel is what a cute "PUPPY" I have had a few comment that he is chunky or fat (which IMHO he ain't) so I think they just don't know the breed.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Booker, I'm late but I hope you had a great birthday, and that you enjoyed your cake. I think you look great. :thumbup: My Li'l Girl has more grey on her face than you, and we think she's only about 8 years old.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happy belated birthday, Booker! I think Booker is quite handsome and very young looking. Maggie's face turned white at about 7 years of age and now, at almost 12, has white eyelashes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts