Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a terrible evening...Boo threw up on the futon twice and it was the most horrible thing....IT smelt like bile.....and that went on for about an hour then it started turning pink, then she was throwing up Blood....I called Vet and since Boo had stopped by then he said to give her a pepcid and bring her in the morning....and I WILL.....She has settled down for now, but SCARY SCARY NITE.....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That is so scary! You must have been beside yourself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Please let us know what the vet says.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I'm sorry she was so sick. You must have had a sleepless night. Hope everything goes well at the vet today.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That sounds very scarey. I do hope that everything is OK. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
What a horrible thing to happen! I hope your beag has not been exposed to this nasty food poisoning!
Get the poor thing to the vet asap! I have seen my share of sick dog's...but vomiting blood has never happened to any of our hounds! Snapper holds the record as our most "hard luck case" by vomiting-up tape-worm segments...but he recovered & spent 13 very active years with us! We will be praying for you & your hound!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Boo! How scary for you -- although the vomiting is worrisome, I am hoping that it was the repeated vomiting that irritated her throat and caused the bleeding. Please give us an update after the vet visit. Hugs to you and Boo!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's scary when our Beags aren't right. I know I've had my share with Jersey. I'm thinking the same thing as Judy about the blood. When you said that he was vomiting on and off for an hour, the first thing I thought of was irritation causing the bleeding. Especially if it was just bile, it was probably acidic and burning his poor little belly. Let us know how it goes at the vets. I hope everything is OK!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Last night must have been awful for you!.
I do not mind cleaning up the throw up but I worry myself sick about why they are throwing up.

We have lots of squirrels and they bring all sorts of stuff into our maple tree, sit there and eat it and drop it down if they do not like it or are done with it. Mostly it is nuts. Austin likes to root around and scarf up the leavings. He went through one of those bloody throw ups sessions. I don't know if panic described me, but it was close. Anyway, after vet visit, etc and finally an x-ray we guessed that the little beast has eaten some nut with a really rough shell still on it. It had lodged itself on his stomach wall and was irritating the heck out of it.

Most likely poor Boo got into something that is irritating his stomach and that is were the bloody tinged vomit is coming from.

Let us know after your vet visit. Best wishes for a recovered Boo and a relieved Mom. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last nite the vet told me to give her a Pepcid for the acid....but she would have none of it and I didnt want to cause her anymore trauma then what she had been through....She slept through the nite and seemed kinda perky but not all the way...Just as I was grabing the keys she went outside and ate some grass then threw up grass and a little blood...I took her strait to the Vet (3 min. away) and they are keeping her there for the day and doing blood work.....And here I am Impatiently waiting......I will let you know when I hear anything........

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Oh gosh that is so scary. I remember when Rosa was couching up blood once. It turned out she had caught kennel cough and the blood was because she had burst a blood vessel with all the coughing.

Fingers and paws crossed over here for your little Boo.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well , Boo is off of Prednisone for now....She now has to take a Hydoxyzine (Antihistamine) 3 X a day, Sucralfate (for vomiting) 2 X a day, Metronidazole (for bloody diarea) 1 a day for 6 days, Pepcid 2 X a day and Thyro-Tab (Thyroid)daily, .....It's all so overwhelming.....I have to make out a schedual so I don't mix or miss anything.....Right now the Thyroid pill is forever..... everything else is until she gets better....I swear to yall that I do not have Munchousin Syndrom by Proxy LOL!!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thank goodness she's getting a lot of help. Hope all these things make her well. I know I'd be scared out of my mind if this happened to Daisy.

Please keep us updated...

Kisses to Boo from us.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
667 Posts
OH wow, how overwhelming!! Im so sorry you have to go through all this and Boo has to as well.

I hope things are better now and that it is nothing serious.

Please keep us up to date!!

manda and snoops

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Oh, poor Boo!! And poor you, Lynne, that must have been terrifying, seeing her throwing up the blood!! That's a lot of medication! What was the diagnosis?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Boo is doing alot better...The Antihystamine 3 X a day makes her sleep alot....As it turns out ....This is all my my my fault because I didnt follow through with Metronidazole....I noticed that she had diarea last friday with a little blood....and I got the Met.from the Vet....Take one everyday for 7 days.....After the first day her poop was normal so I stopped the Met.....(BIG MISTAKE)....If I would of continued like I was suppose to, the inflamation would have gotten better......It got worse....Lesson Learned.....Do what the Vet says, and DO NOT SKIMP on the Rx.....Never, Never, Ever......

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
So sorry to hear about Boo, but hope it has a happy ending. Thinking of you.
Angela

1 - 18 of 18 Posts