Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Shiloh and I went to an outing sponsored by a dog group I've recently joined. It was such fun!! I helped mad the Timed Recall event, where dogs are timed to see how long it takes them to come when their owner calls.
Shiloh sat quietly under the table and I watched the wonderful parade of various dogs come by. At one point there was a beagle and a bassett hound at the event at the same time, and I pointed out to Shiloh that her entire ancestral line was right there!! (By the way, it took Miss Shiloh a bit over 5 seconds to amble her way over to me!
) Another event was bobbing for hot dogs. Hot dogs were cut up and poured into a small wading pool filled with water. Shiloh was so funny with that one! She walked around and around the outside of the pool trying to figure out how to get the hot dogs, then finally stepped into the pool. But she wouldn't stick her head down into the water to get the hot dogs. Just kept walking around in the water, hoping for one to rise to the top of the water. (I think the original idea was for them to float.) Finally I scooped on in my hand and held it just under the water for her and she lapped it out of my hand. But no way was she gonna stick her head in the water!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It sounds like you had a great day. Reminds me of the last Beaglepalooza we had here in Tampa. We did bobbing for weiners and Jersey didn't want to get wet. Eventually she stuck her head in but you could see the bubbles coming up from where she was breathing out while her nose was under the water. I've actually got a picture of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts