Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we have all had a long day and the poor towel in the crate for the car has seen better days, but Blue is finally at his new home.

Of course every time we stopped to let him out the precious little darling would just sniff away and never go potty. That was reserved for the minute the car was started again and we were just getting back on the road!! Oh well, we have (so far and I am knocking on wood) not had any accidents in the house. He has gone out twice so far since we have been home and, with a little protest, went potty. Of course, it is raining and cold so we don't want to stay out too long (neither Blue or dad!!!)

We are protesting in the kennel, but so far, we have gone about 20 minutes with no fits and no body in the room with us.

I know we are in for a long night and there is no way he can be this good, but we are thankful at the moment.

We didn't get any travel pictures since the wind was blowing and apparently the prima donna doesn't like wind, dirt or places that another dog has gone potty, but here are a few from today.

Blue and his dad

Blue and one of his Hippos

This makes mommy happy!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Awe...he is very cute! My little Bella had the same toy that he has in his kennel when she was little. She loved it when I heated it up and would lay on top of it and fall asleep just like Blue!! :heart:

Good luck tonight! Those first few weeks can be very tiresome!!!

Let us know how it goes!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
He is beautiful. The first days (months) can be challenging but well worth the work. Enjoy him. I never thought I'd miss the baby days but whenever I see puppy pictures I wish I could have another.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Good luck with the crate training, we don't crate ours so can't offer any advice. He does look cute like the others have said and yes please more pictures.

Andy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, Blue taught mom and dad that he doesn't want to wait for us to put on our warm clothes and shoes when he whines after 5 hours of sleep. But we went outside and went potty again. We had two accidents in our crate last night, but we did sleep for nine hours and whined when we really had to go. This morning is all good so far. We tried to put him back in the kennel like we will have to when we go to work and he was not happy with us. We kept him in for 15 minutes and let him out to play. Dad will keep working with him this week so hopefully we will be good by next Monday. We promise to bust the camera out again today and catch some action shots, but here are a few more from yesterday.

Oh and action shot this is him playing with the breeders son. Only downfall with his new house is there are no kids here!! Guess I will have to make friends with the neighbor kids!!!

Yeah, I think I qualify as regal!!!

Hmmmm, do we think Grandma got in trouble for actually giving me her shoe. Mom sure thinks so!!!! Oh yeah, and she thinks I need treats and to eat all the time too. That's what I get for having an Italian family. Good thing I will only see her every couple of months for a few days at a time!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, can we say that I am spoiled already!!!

Is this what I do Dad, we watch football on the couch on Sunday??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the pack Blue!

A hint: Do not give him shoes or anything that looks like them to chew... Unless you like going everywhere bare foot. :eyes:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome home Blue! You're a cute little puppy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Maria! Congratulations on Blue, he is gorgeous.
I am deriving quite a bit of comfort knowing that someone else out there is going through the same exhausting first months with a puppy that we are. I wish Brie would sleep for 9 hours. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She tops out at 4 hours at the most and doesn't distinguish between 3am and 3pm, all she knows is that she's awake and it must be playtime /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lora&Tippi and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

1 - 20 of 36 Posts