Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm not sure what a bluetick Beagle looks like but I have seen pictures of puppys (not only Beags) with blue eyes. It's a reaction to the flash similar to our eyes turning red in pictures. I don't know if this is the case here but your future puppy could actually have brown eyes. Good luck convincing your parents!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree that it looks like a reaction to camera flash. My brown eyed beagle looks the same in pictures sometimes. Bluetick beagles have lots of greyish/slate blue looking spots on the white parts of their bodies. I've never heard of blue eyed beagles. Only brown and hazel.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually, the blue tick label refers to spotting on the pup. There are blue tick beagles and **** hounds, you might try doing a google search for some pictures.

Good luck, I hope you get the pup...he's a cutie.

·
Registered
889 Posts
A beagle puppy will have blue/grey eyes for the first few weeks, then as they mature the eyes will gradually turn to dark hazel.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
AKC Beagle Standard states that a "true" beagle have brown or hazel eyes.

Who cares what AKC states though! If you love him you love him...blue eyes just make him unique...I bet he gets a lot of attention :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Yep, Beagle pups are born with blus eyes, and the darker the blue the deeper the brown color will be. Just like it is with caucasian human babies! Another way Beagles are like humans...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts