Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a new dog flood called BLUE...I researshed it and it looks so healthy....All Natural, No animal by-products, No corn, wheat or soy protein....I found it at PETSMART and got it for my 3 beags.....If you want to check it out... www.betruefeedblue.com Ive read that it is good for dogs with alergies, and Boo is all about alergies...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought this dog food for Kennedy I'm in the process of switching her over to it from her food that the pet store was feeding her. I checked out a lot of different foods and this one was one of the best. And she loves it.

Nettie & Kennedy

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I don't know anything specific about this food. The ingredients look pretty good. My friend just got a new dog and this food was recommended to her at Petsmart. I do know that Blue Buffalo company had some recalls on canned dog food and dog biscuits. They say that ingredients were added to their products without their knowledge. In this case the ingredient was contaminated rice gluten. Until this happened I fed my cats their premium line of canned food. When the company could not tell me what steps they are taking to prevent future "tampering" with their product line, I quit purchasing the line. You might want to call or e-mail them and see if they have put any kind of testing in place to prevent future problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I understand it was only the canned food and the biscuits. On their site it says that they will not be offering them again until they find a manufacturing company that they can trust so it sounds like the one that they were using got fired.
I checked this out before I bought it.
This was one of the best I could find without gong to a feed store.
(it's been hard to find a company that wasn't affected by the pet poisoning /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif )

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
There just seems to be too many things in there that I can not even pronounce so I tend to avoid those. If I don't know what it is, do I really want my dog eating it?

I also don't really like the fact that 3 of the 5 top ingredients are grains.

Aside from that, I think it is better than some others I have seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts