Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night my daughter and I were playing with Winston when we started noticing little dabs of blood on our hands or toys or whatever. It wasn't until I noticed it on my sox that I knew it was Winston's mouth. He always bites/nips my feet - a habit I am desperately trying to break.
I got my husband to hold Winston down, and we noticed he was missing not 1 but 2 of his bottom teeth, near the front but to the sides, leaving gaping holes like a dentist might leave after an extraction.

IS THIS NORMAL??
please tell me this is normal.
On the upside, his nips don't hurt nearly as bad today.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Yes, it's perfectly normal. Pups will lose their baby teeth. The good thing is that the adult teeth that come in aren't nearly as sharp!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Couldn't get any more normal than this

Winston is changing his puppy teeth. Don't worry about it. It should take 3-4 months for him to get all his permanent canine teeth, and by then the chewing and biting should be reduced dramatically (keep with the no-bite education).

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally Posted By: Chloe's Mommy(keep with the no-bite education).
I'm sure I say no bite in my sleep out of habit!
and
Thanks for the reassurance. I knew they lost teeth, these ones just seemed so important.

·
Registered
847 Posts
When Bodie was getting his shots on Tuesday I asked the Vet how his teeth looked. When he opened his mouth you could clearly see his baby teeth are falling out. There were like 4-5 missing of his upper front teeth. All in a row...little dots. But we haven't seen any blood on toys or stuff.

I will say this, it sure doesn't feel like he missing any teeth!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
I will say this, it sure doesn't feel like he missing any teeth!
I totally know what you mean!
I had the good fortune of finding one teeny weeny tooth which is in his baby book, but the loss of these two was a bit of a shock, they were so much bigger - big bad wolf kind of bigger!
Now it's kind of wierd having my feet gummed, but what a relief!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts