Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable! When my ex husband left for work yesterday he put the dogs in their crates because we are selling the house and had a showing so doggies cannot be free. I got home at 4pm and they all came out and had big drinks as it was hot. Soon after I went out to help show a foster home how to train loose leash walking and got home around 9pm. As soon as I saw Polly I freaked. She looked like she had swallowed a basketball and it had lodged behind her ribcage. She was humongous. I immediately called the emergency hospital and told them we were on our way. Apparently, my soon to be ex had left the pantry door open and gone upstairs to shower. Polly (13 years old) spilled the dry food for foster dogs all over the floor and had eaten about 2 pounds of it. The water in the afternoon had made it swell. I just could not believe it. She looked ridiculous and absolutely bovine. After the doc gave her a shot she spent the next 30 minutes heaving up the remains. $300 + change later she is back to her old ravenous self. Silly little senior.