Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Sami,

I don't know if my experience with cats will hold true for yours but I had two cats, Lily and Callie, when Vinny came into our lives. He was (he's over the Rainbow Bridge now) a very good Beagle/Springer mix and really didn't bother the cats much. They were very upset with him being an "intruder" in their space. But as time went on they found that their place in out hearts was not changed. I would love them up each individually and the only times when Vinny would play-chase them were when they would strike back -- some batting on his nose (no claws). If they ever growled Vinny would know they were seriously threatening him and he'd back off right away.

I think it just takes time for the pecking order to become established and for them all to get comfortable with the status quo.

I hope this helps. Each animal is an individual and it's hard to say what will happen, but I think things will get better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.