Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
You have to be persistent! Choose one of the following:
1) crying out: NO and when he stops, give him a chew toy. When he chews on that, say good boy.

2) Soad a face towel, squeeze a little and put in the freezer. Give it to him when frozen, it relieves the pain when they chew on it.

3) Use a can with coins*** or a spray bottle (I used water and then upgraded to mint breath spray). Spray it to his nose when he bites. He WILL stop after a few times, especially if you use the mint. It doesn't hurt them, and after a few times, whenever you just reach out for the bottle, the take a step back! guaranteed! It also helped me when eating and she was jumping on the table trying to get the food!!!!!

Whatever you choose, stick with it! With beagles you get no where if you don't repeat. a lot.

Good luck!

*** the coins are to make noise. you rattle it when he bites to "spook" him. Personally I find the noise annoying too much (for my ears) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.