Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to Our Beagle World but need to ask a question. I have been searching for a beagle thru rescue shelters for a few months without success for one reason or another. I am now working closely with Big Dog Ranch in Florida and am very interested in a bonded pair of beagle mixes. I live on Long Island and am also arranging a transport from Florida to my home. Spoke with both Big Dog Ranch and a transporter this morning. Both were going to call me back with further info. Have not heard back from either. So my happy, hopeful mood is sinking but I am wondering: has anyone out there dealt with or know of this rescue? This is a pricey venture and I am basically "ordering" these dogs sight unseen. Any help, thoughts or comments from anyone?

· Registered
209 Posts
I have not had any experience with Big Dog Ranch in FL rescue, but if it is a volunteer-based rescue, time could be a factor in why you haven't heard back. I suggest waiting a day and phoning them again, especially if you have put money down or paid for them and are trying to schedule transport.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. I am new to Our Beagle World but need to ask a question. I have been searching for a beagle thru rescue shelters for a few months without success for one reason or another. I am now working closely with Big Dog Ranch in Florida and am very interested in a bonded pair of beagle mixes. I live on Long Island and am also arranging a transport from Florida to my home. Spoke with both Big Dog Ranch and a transporter this morning. Both were going to call me back with further info. Have not heard back from either. So my happy, hopeful mood is sinking but I am wondering: has anyone out there dealt with or know of this rescue? This is a pricey venture and I am basically "ordering" these dogs sight unseen. Any help, thoughts or comments from anyone?
I have not had any experience with Big Dog Ranch in FL rescue, but if it is a volunteer-based rescue, time could be a factor in why you haven't heard back. I suggest waiting a day and phoning them again, especially if you have put money down or paid for them and are trying to schedule transport.
Thanks for responses. Received email from shelter Sunday that they would call me sometime Sunday. Now Monday, no call yet but I will let this play out for awhile since they could be busy. Have not sent any money or made any definite arrangements. Will take your advice and thank you. Keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts