Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new pack member, Bebe is coming home tomorrow. Her puppies are weaned, and she's well on her way to being back in shape from the pregnancy and nursing.
Sadie will meet her for the first time, on a walk around the block before we all come in the house. Then there's the cats...
They are actually kind of dominant over Sadie. I think because she came into their house as a puppy.
Of course, I want everything to be perfect. (See my fire ant post.) ...And Karen had to chase a pigmy rattle snake out of the yard this morning.

I'm sure there'll be pictures.

Here's the pups, born 3/9, at 5 weeks old...

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieWhat adorable little pups! I love their chubby little bodies! Hope all goes well with Bebe and Sadie tomorrow...be sure and post an update as soon as you get a chance!
joining in on that one!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Those puppies are adorable. Shiloh still chases our cats but they put him in his place if he gets too rough.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
So, how has it gone? I'll think happy thoughts that it all works out for you. Those puppies are adorable. Those big puppy bellies...they just beg for kisses. Tell Bebe she did a great job!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How exciting . I hope all goes well. Very cute pups

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: That picture is SO CUTE!!!!
There's more at, Lokavi Puppies Page

Quote:So, how has it gone? I'll think happy thoughts that it all works out for you.
Thanks, Jen.
The weekend visits paid off. When we picked her up, she already knew us and was very excited to see us.
On the way home, I dropped Karen off to pick up her van, where we had left it when she got off work.
While she headed home to feed Sadie, I killed enough time for Sadie to eat by taking Bebe to Petsmart for a collar, and a tag with our phone numbers on it. (Just in case.)
The Be-girls first met on the street, in front of the house. We went for a quick walk together, then came inside, because it was pretty warm out.
The rest of the evening involved allot of exploring, burning off nervous energy, and playing fetch in the back yard.
Bebe also joined Sadie in telling the Mastiff next door to get over itself. (Through the fence.)
She has the sweetest Beagle voice. Pure and melodic, and not too loud.
When things finally settled down, Karen was sitting on the love seat with two beagles practically in her lap.
I said, “Bebe likes you.” She said … “I’m her mom!” …This coming from someone who a few weeks ago said, “We are NOT getting another dog!”
Right now, everybody but me is in bed. Bebe is UNDER the bedding in her new crate, fast asleep.
Tomorrow the adventure begins again.
So far, so good!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Karebru
When things finally settled down, Karen was sitting on the love seat with two beagles practically in her lap.
I said, “Bebe likes you.” She said … “I’m her mom!” …This coming from someone who a few weeks ago said, “We are NOT getting another dog!”
and the picture of this hallmark moment is??? I am thrilled that you guys started off on such a good foot with Bebe -- I think all your planning certainly paid off!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I STRONGLY encourage the new puppy owners of our litters to visit as often as they can. It is fun for them to be a part of the lives of their little ones from the very git go. Of course I send home puppy pics with them or email the new owners updates every few days anyway, but it is different if the pup can actually start the bonding process at a very young age.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts