Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got Gino back in March, he is a 6 year old bagel.
He fit into our home quite easily and is really a great dog.
Funny thing is, he never plays much with toys or balls.
He likes tug but that is about it. Sometimes he looks bored!

I am constantly looking for toys for Gino to see what he likes, well, I found the Buster Cube and it is the best thing EVER! It keeps him engaged, moving, and occupied for hours!!!! It also keeps us entertained b/c he is hysterical when he plays with it!

If you don't have one or know what it is, check it out:

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Buster-Food-Cube/211000.aspx

We got it at Petsmart BTW but thought this site explained it in more detail!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep, we got an Atomic Ball from one of our local pet stores. Along the same lines, and JoJo LOVES it.

She's not always keen on eating breakfast. But she loves pushing the ball around and scarfing up the food (and a few treats).

We'll have to check into this cube, maybe it'll give her an alternative to the ball. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
106 Posts
well i bought Milo a Kong to help stimulate his gums (he is still teething) and keep him busy while he tries to get the food out, but I made a mistake of giving this to him minutes before his dinner time so he went and burried the Kong somewhere (its been a week and I have not found it yet) so that he could eat his proper meal. Lesson learnt....

but his favourite toy is a soft rubber bouncy ball on a elastic string so he can bite the string and sling the ball around and chase the ball as it bounces around. Doesn't even need anyone to throw it for him

·
Registered
79 Posts
Starla loves her Kong as well. Anytime she happens to get a hold of something that she shouldn't have and won't let go, all I have to do is hold up the Kong and she drops the item running.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I looked at your link for the cube--that looks like a lot of fun for dogs! I will have to look in to that because Shelby always loves a challenge. As a small puppy we discovered she loves ice cubes so sometimes I'll give her one straight from the freezer. Lately, though. she won't take it so i put it in her water bowl and she runs over to fish it out. :p It's the cutest thing!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted By: Amanda & ShelbyI looked at your link for the cube--that looks like a lot of fun for dogs! I will have to look in to that because Shelby always loves a challenge. As a small puppy we discovered she loves ice cubes so sometimes I'll give her one straight from the freezer. Lately, though. she won't take it so i put it in her water bowl and she runs over to fish it out. :p It's the cutest thing!
Yes, ice cubes are great! Roscoe and Cole go crazy for them!!! It is most definately fun to watch! Gino doesn't like them though, he is now addicted to the cube

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally Posted By: Amanda & ShelbyI looked at your link for the cube--that looks like a lot of fun for dogs! I will have to look in to that because Shelby always loves a challenge. As a small puppy we discovered she loves ice cubes so sometimes I'll give her one straight from the freezer. Lately, though. she won't take it so i put it in her water bowl and she runs over to fish it out. :p It's the cutest thing!
Glad to know Gracie isn't the only one to do that! She used to take ice cubes straight from the freezer too, but now we have to put them in her water bowl before she has anything to do with them! Not sure if it's the water/ice combo she loves, or is it's the fishing challenge she is looking for...all I know is that she has the biggest smile on her face when she pops up with that ice cube in her mouth and water dripping all over!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts