Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a tizzy when I wrote my post last night about Bailey having a seizure that I didnt tell you about Bella....She is our 5yr old Beagle....About 5 min. before Bailey seized, Bella kept going over to her and smelling her face and backing up like she wanted to play but just watching her....I watched her do this about 4 times...I have never seen her do this before...I got a toy out so that she would play with me because Bailey wouldnt, but she was concetrating on Bailey and would have nothing to do with playing with me...Then Bailey started her Seizure...I am so amazed with Bella...I learned such a Big lesson about her....And I will pay better attention to her...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Dogs have a special sense. Many know when a diabetic is having an attack, so its is very probable that Bella knew something was wrong.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Dogs can sense seizures in humans, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to sense them in other dogs. Good girl, Bella! :thumbup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I read several differents forums of differings topics on a nearly daily basis....I think it was on the mustang car forum not too long ago that one of the guys was saying his dog has started warning his wife when she was about to have a seizure. His wife now will stop and lay down when the dog starts her (for lack of better phrase) seizure barking. Amazing they are that in tune with US!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good Girl Bella! You keep letting your momma know if something is about to happen to your sister! It's amazing how animals have that sixth sense and just know when something is going to happen to us (or a fellow canine). Times like this make you realize just how special they are. :heart:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts