Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think??

Fredo's coming home in a few weeks and I cannot decide on whether he should sleep in the kitchen or in my bedroom. He will be crated and i guess both have there advantages.

The kitchen is on the first floor and has a sliding door to the directly into the backyard....huge pluses I think.

The bedroom is on the second floor but there is a lot more space for him to play outside of his crate in my room and on the second floor in general. But its all carpeted upstairs which is great for playing ...not so great for accidents. But he won't be alone at night. And if he were upstairs would i feed him in my room??
Any ideas??

·
Registered
865 Posts
If it were me, I would feed in the kitchen. Keep him during the day in the kitchen. Then let him come to the bedroom at night with you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I keep and feed Banjo in my bedroom. Of course accidents are a much bigger pain to clean up on the carpet. When my GF and I get our apartment he will be fed in the kitchen and by that time hopefully he'll have enough control to not be crated.

·
Registered
392 Posts
another plus is the workout! i've had tons of ppl comment on my newly toned arms haha! it has to be from carrying the crate around everywhere i go :p

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Originally Posted By: Toby & LuckyIf it were me, I would feed in the kitchen. Keep him during the day in the kitchen. Then let him come to the bedroom at night with you.
This is what I do with Daisy.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I should add that we are not able to keep our dogs in the bedroom because they snore too loudly! It affects our sleep a lot, so they have to sleep in the laundry room. I hate it! I really wish they could sleep in our room! Toby used too sleep with us before he became such a loud sleeper!!!

Hope yours isn't a loud sleeper!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I would keep him in the kitchen during the day or any time you are out. At night keep him in the bedroom with you. You can always get a bedtime crate
Or he may not even need one at night, I put Molly in her bed at night and put a baby gate up across the bedroom door - she sleeps ALL night, no problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We kept our Zbój in the bedroom at first, but he was waking us up too early in the morning. Now he has his crate in the hallway in front of the bedroom upstairs. He gets a good night sleep and so do we

As far as the food, we keep it in the kitchen - it's just more practical this way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts