Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone remember a TV commercial with a little boy rolling around in the grass, giggling, as a litter of puppies jumped and climbed all over him? It might have been an ad for Coke or something.
Now, picture a 50 yr old man, and about 15 full grown beagles… That was me yesterday.

And please note: <span style="text-decoration: underline">ALL</span> beagles will get their tongue in your mouth when you open it to laugh, if you give them a chance.

Karen and I went to visit Lokavi Beagles yesterday afternoon. The mother and daughter breeders were very gracious, and let all of their beagles out to play with us. While we played, one told us all about each dog, (Plenty of bragging rights there.) and the other followed them around with a pooper-scooper.

The main reason for our visit was to meet Bebe and her two-week old puppies. The puppies are all reserved, and then some. They have a long waiting list.

Bebe turned 4 in December. She earned her championship, produced 3 litters, (This being #3) and is retiring. It looks like we will be adopting her in 6-8 weeks when her puppies are weaned and she has recovered from that, and the c-section/spaying. When I asked, she said it is their practice to always birth by c-section, as it avoids complications like breach births, etc.

I think our Sadie and Bebe will get along well. They seem to have the same temperament… Calm and laid back, with occasional craziness. Bebe is 9 months older than Sadie. I played a little tug-a-war with her, and gave her a little belly rub. She seems to be very affectionate, like Sadie.
Meanwhile, they encouraged us to visit, so we can watch the puppies grow and get to know Bebe before the big day. She didn’t say to bring Sadie along, and I didn’t ask. I can understand not wanting a dog that you know nothing about, near your whole pack. That introduction will take place on neutral ground, when the time comes. She also said she would go over all kinds of things with us, like food, what they're using for heartworm and flea control, etc.
I did ask about a week long trial period. She said, “That’s fine. If there’s <span style="text-decoration: underline">EVER</span> a problem, we would want you to bring her back.” I hope we’ll never have to worry about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm so jealous! 15 beagles?????? Sounds great! Bebe is a very pretty girl... can't wait to hear about her and Sadie's adventures!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Bebe's beautiful, and looks very sweet. Of course, the puppies are adorable!
Here's hoping everything goes smoothly, and that Sadie will have a great companion.

·
Registered
991 Posts
OMG! What a great day you must have had! 15 Beagles!! Bebe looks not only hale, hearty, healthy and happy, she is also beautiful. That face, that tail is a 9.999 out of 10! Hope Sadie likes her, that of course, being the deciding factor.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I AM SOOO JEALOUS!!! I can't even imagine 15 at one time

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:15 beagles??????
At least.
I count ten in the first photo. There were at least half that many running around behind me jumping on my back when I took the picture, and Bebe was back inside with her 5 puppies.

Here's a picture from the website. Notice the mini-freagles...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Absolute beagle heaven there. Bebe is just gorgeous! Congratulations and I hope all works out well. I've very rarely seen a time that beagles don't get along with each other.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Count me in with the jealous ones here, I couldn't imagine. I've been with 15 bassets..and that was pretty cool, but 15 beagles that had to be heaven. Your Bebe is a great girl...what a lucky family she has.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What a gorgeous girl! No wonder her owners wanted to breed her. She looks so happy and loving, I bet Bebe is a great mom and will make a great addition to your family

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Bebe is beautiful - what a face! Good luck with the introduction - fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

And talking about lots of beagles, we're off to our local beagle meetup this afternoon - hopefully around 30 beagles baying, racing around and generally taking over the dog park (well at least four, since we'll be there). Should be fun!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow, she is beautiful! She seems so sweet too. I'm praying for you guys, because not only did you find such a great breeder doing a wonderful job, you're also giving Bebe a chance to be spoiled rotten in a smaller family! It all looks/sounds awesome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.