Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Miss JoJo fooled us all. She had a false pregnancy - so there won't be any babies this time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif. I took her to see Dr. Randy because she wasn't developing milk - she WAS fat - but hadn't developed as she should have. We were all disappointed - but, as Dr. Randy said, "there's always next time".
Tell me she didn't look pregnant /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, poor thing. She does look pregnant. She is a beautiful girl. Give her extra belly rubs from me and my pack.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yep she sure looks preggars lol. So what happens now? does her extra weight just disappear eventually like it would if she had given birth?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, she IS back on her "normal" diet - when my moms are pregnant they get extra protein and calcium. So it's back to just kibble - her tummy has gone done quite a bit - and I'm trying to get her trimmed down before next time. No more treats for a while. Her next estrus is July or August - so hopefully that will be successful - if not, she'll be spayed. There were several people on my waiting list who were very disappointed, too. Thank you for all the nice comments about my sweet girl. She is very special to me - I traveled from Spokane WA to Albany NY to get her and bring her home. Her breeder is my co-manager on Beagle Bay and she had promised me a little girl from her Spotty and Joe's first litter IF I'd go pick her up. JoJo was the only female in the litter. I think she's beautiful - and she has an awesome pedigree - with 19 field and international field champions in 5 generations. Her "husband" also has an exceptional pedigree - both of his parents are International Field Champions. She's a wonderful mother and a great dog. This was to have been her last litter - but since it didn't happen we'll try one more time. I have an internet friend who's husband trains field champions - and he wants puppies from her and Tanna because of their pedigrees. His wife said he drooled all over the keyboard when he was reading their pedigrees. It would be nice to have one of my babies achieve championship status - but I'm too old and not knowledgeable enough to train them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts