Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I got a 1 year old beagle not too long ago. So now I have two.
My question is that the new one, Squeeker, is always wanting to play. She hangs off of Snoopy from the time I get home untill it's time for bed.
I have noticed that Snoopy doesn't always want to play, but he still lets her chew on his ear and so forth. He doesn't get mad, but I can tell that sometimes he just wants to hang out and relax.
Should I be putting a stop to the excessive playing after a while?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He does have his own crate, but he doesn't like going in it, so I know he won't use it as a safe spot. His safe spot is the rest of the house, ha ha.
He doesn't get made at all, it's just that he is a complete lap dog as well. He has his way of asking for affection (it's a paw on my hand)
I was just wondering because he will come up to me asking for some affection and Squeeker will still be hanging off of him.
It's really cute to see them together, but I was wondering of I should restrict playtime for maybe just half and hour to an hour so I can have some time giving Snoopy some one on one affection he is craving for.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snoopy has always been such an extremely patient dog. If I am ever really busy to the point where I cannot give them attention, he never forces it upon me. He will simply go off and snuggle close to Jabroni (my basset hound terrier cross)
I am not at all worried about a fight breaking out, I was just wondering if I should let it be, and let him deal with it.

But then I was thinking maybe if I enforce a half hour to hour of break time from playing, it may instil a little bit more discipline with Squeeker. She is still quite young.
(Just so she learns to listen in all types of situations)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts