Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Oscar is doing fantastic. He's such a little prince. I went on a mini-vacation to visit my mom & sister and he stayed home with John for a few days. I definately got some pouty eyes and the cold shoulder for a few minutes when I got back but then he was definately happy to see me.

John has been asking to get a cat or kitten for several months. I've been skeptical. My mom has 3 cats and although I love them, I've really enjoyed just having Oscar. But I caved in last night and we welcomed our newest addition, Derby.

I was wondering if anyone can share any stories or advice on getting them used to each other. So far so good. Kitten isn't really interested in Oscar, last night went smooth. This morning at 5am Oscar decided it was time to investigate. He's still nervous on the floor but went and sniffed the new kitty toys and the kitten. He's gentle with him so far although this morning he's been whining at him a lot (Oscar barks very rarely as he is scared of the loud sound).

But I digress. Any suggestions & stories would be greatly appreciated /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
When we got Monty we were worried because we had a one year old cat. But, after a few days of sniffing around and avoiding each other, they started to get along fine. Milo (the cat) usually stays up high - on the counters, on top of the fridge, above the fire place. But, when we come home from work, they're cuddled up on the couch together. I think after your two get used to each other, they'll be fine. just try not to favour one over the other, or let them eat each others food - that's what starts fights at our house!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Derby is a cutie! We had Phoebe our cat when we got Ladybug and they are the best of friends. It took a few weeks for them to get to know each other. Now when it storms they cuddle up together for comfort. When we moved into our new house they both slept together under the bed. It's funny to watch them together, the dog will chase the cat into the other room and then they come back with the cat chasing the dog!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What a cute kitten. :heart: Our Miss Priss has been with us nearly 14 years. She and our departed Shadow were best friends. Li'l Girl was at least a year old when she was adopted, and never bothered Priss. I'd hoped they'd become best friends, and I think Priss would have liked that, but Li'l Girl mainly ignores her. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats!

My two cat's don't get along with Rhetty at all. He wants to play with them (a little rough) and they aren't having anything to do with it.

Mattie, my oldest will just growl and then chase Rhett out of wherever he was trying to get to and if I put Rhett and Mattie in a kennel together Rhett hugs one wall and Mattie hugs the other and if Rhett tries to sniff he gets growled at (my cat's growl more then my dog). Kodi my younger cat acts like the human ham to Rhett. They both prefer to be up and out of the way. Both my cats are declawed though so Rhett doesn't get to learn that it hurts when he does something bad.

Kinda reminds me of one of my favorite e-mails:

Diary Excerpts:

The Dog's Diary:
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary:

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts