Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally have snow in Iowa. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
It is about 5-6 inches deep in the back yard, and Georgia is such a baby. She hates it, and walks very gingerly through it.
But last night there was a rabbit, and she ran through the yard like crazy!!!
Today, I was throwing treats out in the snow, so she would "track" them...it is amazing that Beagles can sniff like that!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
No snow here, thank goodness, just a cold rain all day. The few times that we've had snow over the years, Li'l Girl didn't care much for it. She doesn't like getting her feetsies wet, either. :eyes:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
We've had a fair amount of snow (for Vancouver) this year. All of our beagles like snow but Booker LOVES it - I swear she becomes a puppy again! Booker isn't known for her athletic endeavours (to put it nicely), but put even a light dusting of snow on the ground and she just becomes a different dog. We had quite a snowfall a couple of months ago and were at the park in the middle of it - Booker was racing around from one end of the field to the other at full speed and baying at the top of her lungs, and I started to get quite worried that she was going to overdo it and have a heart attack so I called her back to leash her back up... Marc told me I was worrying too much, and in any event he thought if that did happen and it was her time to go... well then shouldn't she at least go while having the time of her life (as she clearly was doing). I had to say he had a point (although I still leashed her up...)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Friday we had our first "dusting". The girls at first were very cautious, then they started tasting it, next thing you know they are running around the back yard sniffing every snow flake that fell.

They actually didn't want to come in. I had to bribe them with "cookies".

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Last year we nearly suffocated in snow, our two loved it. Dave had to dig trenches for them to run around. This year we havent had any, but it is forecasted to start tomorrow. I stocked up today incase we cant get out for a few days. Here is a photo from last year in January

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have quiet a bit of snow. Wellington loves to be out there as long as it's not to cold! He and Bear have made paths all across the yard and they stop to eat a little all the time. So cute!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Today we are in a black and white world. Snow, dark trees and a white sky. Roll on spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts