Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let the brats out this afternoon - and the dog next door was tied in their front yard. There was also a mama cat and her 3 kittens - and when I let the kids out, they were having a FIT!

Here is the result:

All the pictures in this album are videos. And YES, I know my lawn needs to be mowed! Hopefully this week!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, neighbors just have to get used to it. The dogs were barking at the neighbor's dog and cats - they're out almost all the time, while mine are confined to the house MOST of the time. They're able to get out for just brief breaks a few times a day BECAUSE of the neighbors. The whole thing only took about 5 minutes (all of the videos) - and I rarely let them bark - usually run right out to bring them in as soon as they start. Neighbor's kids don't mind screaming and playing basketball outside my bedroom window for hours at a time even at night. Their cats yowl outside at 3 or 4 am - and while I DO try to be a good neighbor, it gets a little old. That wasn't really the choir singing that you guys wanted, but it will get you going, won't it?
ALL the pictures in that particular album are videos - so you can get your fill of beagles barking!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Lovely!!! You have a real pack, how on earth do you transport them? Can you tell them apart from their voices? We know which is Susi and which Snoopy without looking.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer some of the questions, there are 9 in the pack - Princess, age 8, Chloe who is 7, Lottie and Tanna, both 6, JoJo, 4, Joe and Jack (littermates), 2 1/2, Bella, 2 and Angel just turned 1.

How do I transport them? Well, obviously I can't get all 9 in a Toyota - so I don't transport them except to the vet - and that's usually one at a time.

Can I tell apart by their voices? Yes, for the most part I can tell who's barking. However JoJo and Jack (mother and son) sound very much alike and they both have the same bad habit - if they finish their chewey quickly they'll stand and bark at one of the slower chewers - sometimes I have to look to see which one is yapping.

I'd love to get a video of them all baying, that is quite a sound treat for beaglers (tho not for anyone else), but they don't usually bay outside - and they're not usually all together when in the house. Since I have a 3 story house, some are usually in the family room and some on the main floor. Will keep trying though.

·
Registered
865 Posts
What beautiful singing! Lucky heard their song and decided to sing along!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny thing is I CAN'T HEAR IT on the videos. I'll bet it would get mine going too, but for some reason I have NO sound on any videos. Speakers are new - get sounds on other things, but NOT on videos. Really strange. But that's okay - I get to hear them on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you enjoyed the choir! Gale, here's a brand new picture of JoJo - taken yesterday afternoon. She always smiles! She's lost most of her phony baby fat, fortunately, but still want her to lose a few more pounds.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, Gale. I think she's pretty special. I live in eastern Washington and went to NY to get her from my Deb, who is her breeder. Deb had promised me a female from her Joe and Spotty's first litter - and I made the reservations to go pick her up the day after she was born
! She was 8 weeks old when I brought her home, she rode in a carrier under my seat from Albany, NY to Spokane WA - and never made a sound. No one even knew I had a puppy with me - the only time she ever made a sound was when we stopped to change planes. At the Albany airport when I checked in the jerk behind the counter said, You'll have to keep her QUIET - he used the wrong tone with me (mother tiger that I am) - so I countered with I'll keep her as quiet as I can, what are you going to do throw her out the WINDOW? - the only annoyance on the plane was a 5 year old kid who had temper tantrums every 10 minutes and I was ready to throw HER out the window!! JoJo has always been an exceptionally good beagle, even as a puppy. She has an excellent pedigree, with many field and international field champions in her line. Here's one of my favorite pictures of her. She is an excellent mom - and we were all so disappointed when she had a phantom pregnancy last time. We'll try once more - then she'll be spayed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts