Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two sons, 27 and 22. As teenagers and little boys they sometimes talked back to me, but it was easy to send them to their rooms or some other appropriate punishment.

BUT

Casie, talks back to me, when I want him to pick up his bones, put his blanket in his crate, stop doing something; he will turn around, look at me, and then raise his head and start rorrroooowwwww, rorrroooowwww at him like his talking back :hyper:. I tell him his is not to talk back to his mother, and sure enough he has a nother comment to make:smirk:
We'll go back and forth....and always, always he has the last word....grrrrrhmmmmm.:no:
What the heck? A dog who talks back to me, and now he has Cobi doing the same thing.....I can't wash their mouths out with soap, going to their rooms is like a play date, and making them stand in the corner is futile.

But it's a hoot! or maybe an ARRRRROOOOOOOO

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh I feel your pain. My girls talk back and snarl at me. To make things worse, I can't stay mad at them. I either start laughing or my heart melts looking in their little brown eyes. Look on the bright side, at least you can't understand what they are saying when they talk back. Unlike a teenager who can say some of the meanest things. hehehe

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
:hysterical:Gotta love it! We get talked back to as well, but somehow it does melt your heart, unlike a sassy teenager!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talking back

Now Casie has to have the last word...so if the "discussion" is over, he is like a little old man who grumbles if he doesn't get the last word in.....it is hilarious., Because if he grumbles, I will say something back to him, and then he grumbles some more....what a hoot!:hyper:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Talking Dogs ...

Only one of mine is "chatty," and she sure gives you a piece of her mind when it's time to eat or go out and chase the squirrels. My Beagle/Terrier mix does that weird "yodeling" when I come home from work - I've never heard of that before but it's pretty funny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yesterday, I picked up a cupcake wrapper off the desk and was holding it in my hand. Tinkerbell looked at me with this super-serious look on her face and I didn't know what the heck she was staring at! She focused in my my cupcake-smelling hand and got even more "stern" with me. When I got what she was going on about, I told her, "No, you cannot have this cupcake wrapper." at which point, she howled at me and told me off! Well, To that, I thought a bit of teasing was in order so we played "Can you smell the cupcake wrapper?" and hid it here and there. Well, the game was ababdoned when someone rang the door-bell, at which point the wrapper was quickly devored and NOT by Me! LOL!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Zoey gets so angry when I find her bones. I give her a busy bone a week and, instead of eating it, she'll go hide it under a bed sheet, behind a pillow or in my backpack. So I always end up finding it and I place it typically on the floor close to where I pulled it out. Once Zoey sees it she throws a fit. She looks at me with the bone in her mouth like 'why are you getting my stuff?' then she'll go and spend 30 minutes to an hour finding another place to hide it (typically under the other pillow) and watch me. She has literally run back inside the house when she senses that I'm too close to her bone.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
My Zoey gets so angry when I find her bones. I give her a busy bone a week and, instead of eating it, she'll go hide it under a bed sheet, behind a pillow or in my backpack. So I always end up finding it and I place it typically on the floor close to where I pulled it out. Once Zoey sees it she throws a fit. She looks at me with the bone in her mouth like 'why are you getting my stuff?' then she'll go and spend 30 minutes to an hour finding another place to hide it (typically under the other pillow) and watch me. She has literally run back inside the house when she senses that I'm too close to her bone.
:giggle: That is very cute!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a hoot! The boys hide them under the couch. I don't mean under the pillows, I mean kicking them or nosing them under the couch, so we have to lift it up to get them out. So once a week, they lay on the floor noses pressed to the couch, which we move it for them to get the bones out. It's a came I love it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.