Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of your tri-colored beagles had tan hair growing down the middle of their black backs?
Like a 3 inch strip of tan is growing in, it looks like in a year she will be a skunk back beagle! :biglaugh: My other beagle around the same age is pure black on her back.
She is only 1.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes - our girl Blaze has lost a lot of the dark black coloring she had as a puppy and her saddle area is mix of black and brown. But she has a line that is definately more brown about 2-3" wide down her back.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I love all the different colors and markings that I have seen on the beagles here. Its fun to see the pups changing as they grow up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This thread reminds me of when Brooks was a pup (my ex-hubby got custody of Brooks after we split so I don't see him anymore, but I digress ...), he was mostly black with a bit of white, the only tan that could be found on him was the underside of his ears. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif By about nine months he had developed some tan markings but it wasn't until he turned one year old that the tan patches were permanent.

He came from a BYB so nowhere near breed standard (people actually mistake him for a Walker Hound, he is very tall!) but cute nonetheless. :biglaugh:

Here's are a couple of pics of Brooks, you can see how huge he is:

Here is a pic of Brooks as a pup, the classic "Snoopy" rolling pose, you can just barely see the tan on the underside of his ears:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Now that you mention it... I noticed yesterday that Chloe has a 2-3 inch wide stripe of lighter brown (than her red/brown-white coloring) on her back.... weird!! I'll have to wait and see where this is heading... :conf6:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bel has a faint, brown stripe that starts at her tail and is a little wider than her tail. It tapers down to a point about half way up her back.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My Twins Ladies are 9 months old, and Lillie is browner and ticky than Chloe. She has turned completely brown headed and had fleaks of brown in her back. Chloe is solid black on her back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts