Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I have (almost) recovered from the letter to the editor I posted last week (about the beagle left to die in the road and no one stopping to help him), I find this story today about the apparent use of beagles as bait to train fighting dogs... I don't know who this person is but I hope I never meet him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/lopez/4840844.html

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Oh, that story brings back childhood nightmares. Our sweet beagle Sam disappeared one day while the family was gone; we lived on a 200 acre farm far from town, so Sam had the run of the place.

About a week after he vanished, my father was driving to work, and saw Sam tied up to a doghouse, along with a dozen other dogs in the yard. He stopped, called Sam's name....knowing immediately it was our beloved boy by his markings, AND the tremors that Sam always had in his left front leg.

A man appeared from the house, but when dad told him that Sam was our lost dog, the nasty man told my father that Sam was his, and always had lived there!! When my dad got to work, he called the local sheriff, who told my dad that the awful nasty man was a suspected supplier of fighting dogs and bait dogs!!!

We had to have proof that we owned Sam, but by the time my parents had produced pictures and vet records, Sam was no longer there. In his place were other dogs totally different from the dozen or so dogs my father had seen several days earlier.

He never told us kids what he suspected happened to Sam; not until we were much much older. Just reading that story makes me nauceous!! My father said he never got over the guilt of letting Sam down.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
People who fight dogs should be covered with gravy and thrown in deep pits, with no way to escape, with the dogs they've made vicious. These subhuman s.o.bs are beneath comtempt! :angryfire:

As for Michael Vick, why the Atlanta Falcons haven't fired his a-- before now is beyond my comprehension.
To say that he is classless is a strong understatement. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

·
Registered
517 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Sandyj:
People who fight dogs should be covered with gravy and thrown in deep pits, with no way to escape, with the dogs they've made vicious. These subhuman s.o.bs are beneath comtempt! :angryfire:

As for Michael Vick, why the Atlanta Falcons haven't fired his a-- before now is beyond my comprehension.
To say that he is classless is a strong understatement. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
Sandy, you need to learn to vent every now and again. Say what you really mean! Holding it in all the time is bad for your health!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts