Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just Penne, or do beagles hate rain? She LOVES the snow, but the rain is like an insult to her! She despises getting her paws wet! Not easy to get her to go outside to pee, let me tell you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Everyone of them that we have known hate getting wet...yet, they
love to play in the snow! A dog door helps a lot to get them to
"Go" promptly & get back inside. And if the dog door opens to a
covered area, they have some shelter from the rain & will "linger
longer" outside as our "boy's" have the option to return to a
heated & air-conditioned sleeping area!(thumbup)!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sophie doesn't seem to mind any weather condition. It was pouring out a few days ago and when I let her out to pee she did that and sniffed around the yard for a while. This morning the temp was about 10 F out but she insisted on going for her morning walk and we went the full route. Snow! She loves snow as much as my daughters. She is only 1 year old so maybe she hasn't figured out yet that a cold rain hurts!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby prefers not to go out in the rain, but she does tolerate it well if she has to.

Like northwest said Abby does love playing in the snow.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Well, living in Washington, Maggie has had to learn to put up with rain. I don't know if she "likes" it but she wants to go out as much in the rain as she does in any other weather.The thing she does not like is wind. If it is very windy, I have to put her leash on her and go out with her, otherwise she stands on the patio and shakes.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe loves going for walks no matter what weather it is. I guess that she is a little reluctant going out when it's raining, but once we're out, she is just fine with it.

Like our other beagles here, she LOVES the snow.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine do not mind at all.Griffin will go out whatever the weather.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Buddy hates the rain (and is terrified of thunder/lightning). We bought a leash with a reversed umbrella...tried that for walking him..my husband is totally embarassed of it! hee hee.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke loves the rain. I have a hard time getting him back inside when it's raining. I usually have to bribe him with a treat. He'll just play and sniff and let it fall on him.

As for my female lab, she will run out, do her business, and be back at the door within 30 seconds! She does not like to get her paws wet.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky HATES the rain. I have many issues getting him to potty in the rain but he eventually does it cause he knows he will get soaked if he doesn't. Lucky loves snow though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
250 Posts
diesel doesnt mind the rain or snow... he hates it when its cold though... for a while we had 20 degree weather and under. he hated going outside.. but now that its about 50 degrees he loves to stay out there

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey tolerates the rain. She doesn't like it but when a girls gotta go, a girls gotta go. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

However, she is afraid of the sound the rain makes as it comes down the gutter on the side of the building. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nono5.gif

·
Registered
509 Posts
Glover goes into a bad mood when it rains, and he only goes to do his buisness in it if he absoulutely has to! BUT he LOVES water! we got a kid sandpit for him today and put some water in it and he jumps in and splashes about. SO funny!

will post a pic one day

x
K

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
So far, Maggie doesn't seem to mind the rain at all. When Molly was still with us, we used to take her out in the rain to potty with a big golf umbrella covering her. She was such the princess!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy loves the snow! Even when it's really freezing like it has been a lot of this month she'll stay out for at least 15 to 20 minutes. I usually have to call her in, I get scared of ear frostbite. She definitely hates the rain. She'll poke her nose out the door and then look at me as if to say "are you crazy mom? I'm not going out in that!"

But when it comes right down to it, she'll go out when she really has to go. So, I have no complaints.

So far thunder and lightning do not faze her a bit. Fireworks are her nemesis. The moment she hears any she goes into the house and under the end table.

Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
homer hates water of any kind including rain.he use to refuse to go unless i had the umbrella over him(spoiled little thing!)but he has learned to hurry up and go without it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock and Bones do not like the rain much at all. We have two doors to our enclosed back yard - one is to a covered patio that leads out to a deck mostly covered by a tree, and the other is to a small porch that lets out on the side yard. When it's raining, the puppies will only use the potty at the side yard door - they dislike the sound of rain on the little fiberglass roof on the patio, and they can walk under the eaves of the house that jut out about 8 inches. Bones also has designated the dog-themed mat on the side yard porch as her personal toilet, much to her daddy's chagrin. Still, her going on that (which can be cleaned with a hose) is much better than the alternative of her going in the house.

Our roommate's big husky/lab/something mix is a big baby during the rain. We even had some thunder last night, so when he wasn't under our roommate's bed, he was under our roommate's chair, all 75 pounds of him softly whimpering and sighing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts