Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a couple of bumps on Lucy's head amoung the fur, that look and feel sort of like warts, but are more skin-colored. Does anyone know anything about these?

They don't seem to bother her, and I'm planning to ask the vet about them at her next check-up, but that's not for a couple months.

So far, I've not worried about them since they are very small, not sensitive, and not inflamed. However, they are slowly getting bigger since I first noticed them last fall. The rate of growth is wart-like. Any ideas? Should I be more concerned about these?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sherry has a wart on the top of her head. It's been there quite a while, maybe 6 months or so, and is slow growing. My vet is not concerned at all but did say that he would remove it if it was sore or started bleeding.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bodie has a couple of bumps under this chin/ neck area. They're maybe 5 mm wide and high. Although I've never inspected them, they seem normal. I guess I just thought they were maybe fatty deposits or something.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Lucy's Mom look and feel sort of like warts, but are more skin-colored.
I agree that you should just keep your eye on them -- if they start to grow aggressively, then a visit before her check-up might be necessary. Wondering if they might be skin tags rather than warts -- skin tags are totally harmless.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The next time you are at the vet, ask them to look at it. They will most likely aspirate it and look at the cells. Most always they are the just an ugly bump kinda thing. You can either have it removed (carterized or surgery) or leave it be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts