Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Welcome
I think you are correct to be concerned given the dogs behavior. The dog may not like the attention being given to the child. Definitely dont put the child on the floor with the dog so he thinks he's dominant. I do find it a little odd since ive seen dogs like small children..I'll post those pictures. Put a leash on the dog while around the child so you can grab it. Perhaps leave some child clothing with the dog so he gets accustomed to the scent. Bottom line given what you've described be extremely careful. My beagle was curious but always gentle including the rottweiler.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Mammal Companion dog
99p9
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Hand Comfort Happy Gesture Finger

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Welcome
I think you are correct to be concerned given the dogs behavior. The dog may not like the attention being given to the child. Definitely dont put the child on the floor with the dog so he thinks he's dominant. I do find it a little odd since ive seen dogs like small children..I'll post those pictures. Put a leash on the dog while around the child so you can grab it. Perhaps leave some child clothing with the dog so he gets accustomed to the scent. Bottom line given what you've described be extremely careful. My beagle was curious but always gentle including the rottweiler. Mop View attachment 42641
View attachment 42640

1 - 4 of 4 Posts