Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m not sure, she also doesn’t want to look after Amelia at our home because she wants to be able to do her washing she says. It’s a hard one because she’s clearly got an issue so I’m not sure I would trust Amelia there even if she says she will do what we suggest. Unfortunately they have argued with my partner and now ignoring him and not willing to talk. So it may just mean we put our daughter in nursery instead
I'll chime in and comment too - I would definitely not leave my child with a dog that has a history of being aggressive or even ill-mannered around others. I would be stressed out as a Mom knowing the child was with your boyfriend's mother who doesn't seem to understand that all animals can be unpredictable. Even though beagles are typically fine with small ones, the individual dog's temperament has to be considered. Just an example, my son has a small Yorkie. He has never so much as given a snarl toward anyone; is well trained, good house manners. My cousin was visiting (from out of town) and he was fine, she even played with him. She stood up to go to the restroom and out of nowhere he ran toward her and bit her ankle (didn't draw blood, thank goodness), she is an adult, but still it is unacceptable behavior. He was crated for the rest of her visit upstairs in my son's room. When guests come over now, we do not give him an opportunity to greet off leash and it is always from afar. You are not wrong in being concerned about your child's welfare!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts